JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering the same thing. Sent him an email, but he never replied, I would guess because he is legally obligated to remain silent about whatever happened.

Found this thread with a google search of his name, actually. Another search with the formal "Leffler, Karl" pulled up the fact that he had been booked into the Washington County system at some point recently, but the google cache from their website didn't give any more info than that.

Don't know the guy personally, but I too have read his blog for years. Hope he's OK. If you are familiar with the content of said blog, he has spoken freely of his thoughts regarding Police corruption before, and in our terribly sad day and age that is a very, very, very dangerous thing to do.

Yeah, hope he's alright.

Last Edited:
Just a thought, and maybe way off base, but often these people get into trouble with the IRS because they also claim that the income tax is illegal. I agree with them, but I pay my taxes in full because it beats going to prison.

I believe that requiring a CWP is unconstitutional, but I have one.

I wonder if income tax is his issue?

His blog is interesting but in making his opinions and attitudes so public, and so edgy, he always seems to be looking for a fight with authorities - and he might finally have found one. I wonder what he did? I'd donate $50 just to find out :)

Something tax related would be a good guess. If the government wants to 'get' somebody, they usually start with that.

-Thirtycal

it is public record that he was arrested for possesion of concealed weapons by the hillsboro agency in washington county. i believe he was charged with possesion of a handgun and a knife.

and yes i know Karl from the rifle club.

Ummm....from reading his blog, didn't he have a concealed carry permit ? Or is it a county-by-county thing in Oregon ?

I'm so happy to be leaving this sorry-*** state for the great Republic of Texas, that I'm jumping in the air and clicking my feet together. No permit needed in your car, period, unless you are at the mercy of the Houston Police.

Karl, I hope you escape this place too one day...

Karl did escape Portland, back in Sept '21. He went to the Palm Beach, FL area to set up a new life, and ended up living in a van... But today, it looks like he may have peaced-out. Hope not:

Goodbye

I know Karl from the gun club. Interesting blog of his quest to became a 'Rifleman'. Karl is pretty skilled and
smart Tech. But I think never got an IT job that fit him. He made it to Florida but couldn't find employment.

B26BB69B-BF01-4120-9A24-AFE99F717CCC.jpeg

Yah I know I woke up a Zombie thread, but some of us OGs who have read Jeffersonians blog for the last 20 years, know that he spent his life posting to that blog - daily - and yesterday he said he was done. With the blog, life, or both - we don't know. But nonetheless I think that news was worthy of a zombie wake - at least for the OG NWFA folks that have been in the PDX gun community since back when gunshows were cool and surplus military arms were a) everywhere, and b) cheap.

Yah I know I woke up a Zombie thread, but some of us OGs who have read Jeffersonians blog for the last 20 years, know that he spent his life posting to that blog - daily - and yesterday he said he was done. With the blog, life, or both - we don't know. But nonetheless I think that news was worthy of a zombie wake - at least for the OG NWFA folks that have been in the PDX gun community since back when gunshows were cool and surplus military arms were a) everywhere, and b) cheap.
Absolutely! I was reading for awhile and THEN noticed the date.
Very sad.

I do not know this man.

Did he commit suicide?

The LINK does not work as was stated above so he must have shut his website all down.

I scrolled down the long page that was posted here.

I absolutely did not like him calling police PIGS somewhere on that page.

To me that is like using a dirty word for someone's color of their skin.

I do NOT like that or use that word for a peace officer or for someone who has another skin tone than I do.

There can be people who act like pigs and look like them because they act like TRASH, they do not use good manners and/or they don't shower, wash their hair, brush their teeth, wash their clothing, clean their homes, etc.

Some of the things that he posted are SPOT ON but I only saw the one page.

I don't LIKE paying taxes but I do pay them to the penny.

I do not agree with several laws that we have in this country but I obey them because in the eyes of the law, the court system and in society - if you don't obey some of them you are considered a criminal.

It sounds like the MAN that I do not know, NO offense to any of his followers, cut off his nose to spite his face.

He would rather be HOMELESS - living on the street or in a vehicle since NO ONE offered him a PLACE TO STAY for free or for a dirt cheap rent and NO one offered him a CASH PAYING JOB.

Suggestions to the man who shut down his website and others like him:

He could CARE for an individual in a HOME SETTING and most likely get ROOM and BOARD plus a small amount of spending money AND he would be provided with electricity, heat, a fan or AC, running water and a flush toilet. Most likely he would have INTERNET since most people have that in their homes even if he lived in the boonies as a caretaker with a well for water and a septic tank.

The LIBRARIES across this nation and many OTHER places all have FREE INTERNET connections too.

LIBRARY CARDS ARE FREE. Plus some of them have wifi and you do not even have to have an official library card in some towns and states. YOU can PARK outside or sit outside on a BENCH and connect to the WWWeb.

Are the state parks full down there in FL and do any of the wilderness places down there offer FREE campsite stays?

In my state, state parks are FREE for day use since my husband pays a small added fee on his license plate tags for his truck and his car. The CAMPING fees are at a different rate for IN STATE residents with IN STATE license plates. The senior citizen rates are LESS for in state residents too.

The FEDERAL parks, Forest Service land and I think that BLM land (?) have or did have GOLDEN AGE PASSES. That PRICE did go up a couple of years ago for ONE SINGLE price. And you can buy a cheaper FEDERAL land PASS even if you are not a senior citizen too.

I hope that he did not commit suicide.

I hope that he does get SOME TYPE of a JOB and a place to stay too.

Places - businesses of ALL TYPES are BEGGING FOR HELP.

I knew a man who HIRED lawn care help in FL and he paid the MAN in cash. I do not know if the HIRED HELP did his taxes honestly or not.

But there are many people out there in MANY states who do odd jobs, snow removal, lawn care, etc. and they DO have a home and most of them do have some type of a vehicle or they USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION or they WALK to their job.

Some of you would be shocked on what DOG WALKERS MAKE FOR MONEY and for people who care for dogs in a daily DOG CARE CENTER like they have for children too. ADDED MORE here.

City, County, State and Federal parks are LOOKING for help and they call them CAMP GROUND HOSTS. Some places are open for DAY USE and some are OPEN all of the time - 24/7 places especially YEAR ROUND in warm places like FL and in many other states.

The work is NOT hard and you get a FREE or super discounted place (SITE.) to stay with FULL BATHROOM USE, power, internet in many places, etc. bennies PLUS you get PAID some money too. But you will have to PAY TAXES and FILL OUT THOSE .GOV FORMS to apply for the JOB.

Cate

Last Edited:
I hope that he is okay as I just wrote in the above post.

I do not know the man at all. I never heard of his blog or website.

Was he depressed in his OTHER PAGES that do not show up in this thread or just since he moved to FL?

Cate

Yes I think your summary is a good one, and you rolled up years of his blog with the "cut off your nose" comment. I followed the blog for so long because I kept waiting for the eventual and unfortunately pretty obvious conclusion. And of course I hope he is OK and can regroup. He was a man that would have done a lot better had he been born 150 years ago. My aim of this thread was to communicate the news, and leave out the commentary... but since you dug into it, I figured I'd give you some feedback.

Revisiting this zombie thread again, for anyone who knew Karl:

I don't know the details, but Karl died just three days after I posted my last followup (above) in May of '22. Here's the death announcement from the Gilley's Family Cremation website:

Karl Edward Leffler, 54, of Haines City, passed way 5/26/2022. He is survived by his sister of Washington State.

Karl was a somewhat quirky recluse, but a staunch supporter of the 2A, firearms heritage/history and conservative/libertarian values in general. I'm presuming he chose the place and the time of his passing. Some of the details of his last days in Florida were capture in video form. See these links if interested:

It's interesting that his funding campaigns are still running, and still get donations. Those need to be closed out and the money given to his next of kin (his sister). I'll bet that won't happen.

I was thinking about him today on Thanksgiving, because he's probably the kind of person I would have invited over to share a meal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top