Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone know Karl Leffler (Jeffersonian)?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by thirtycal, Jan 18, 2010.

1. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

I was checking Karl L's long-running gun-related weblog and found that he's shut it down with a message that sounds like he's going to have to defend himself in court.

Just wondering if anyone has the scoop on what's up with Karl?

Here's the link:

http://jeffersonian.therealgunguys.com/blog1001.html

thirtycal

2. Seano

Seano Jubitz, Orygun New Member

I was wondering the same thing. Sent him an email, but he never replied, I would guess because he is legally obligated to remain silent about whatever happened.

Found this thread with a google search of his name, actually. Another search with the formal "Leffler, Karl" pulled up the fact that he had been booked into the Washington County system at some point recently, but the google cache from their website didn't give any more info than that.

Don't know the guy personally, but I too have read his blog for years. Hope he's OK. If you are familiar with the content of said blog, he has spoken freely of his thoughts regarding Police corruption before, and in our terribly sad day and age that is a very, very, very dangerous thing to do.

Yeah, hope he's alright.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  3. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Just a thought, and maybe way off base, but often these people get into trouble with the IRS because they also claim that the income tax is illegal. I agree with them, but I pay my taxes in full because it beats going to prison.

I believe that requiring a CWP is unconstitutional, but I have one.

I wonder if income tax is his issue?

4. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

His blog is interesting but in making his opinions and attitudes so public, and so edgy, he always seems to be looking for a fight with authorities - and he might finally have found one. I wonder what he did? I'd donate $50 just to find out :)

Something tax related would be a good guess. If the government wants to 'get' somebody, they usually start with that.

-Thirtycal

5. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

it is public record that he was arrested for possesion of concealed weapons by the hillsboro agency in washington county. i believe he was charged with possesion of a handgun and a knife.

and yes i know Karl from the rifle club.

6. Seano

Seano Jubitz, Orygun New Member

Ummm....from reading his blog, didn't he have a concealed carry permit ? Or is it a county-by-county thing in Oregon ?

I'm so happy to be leaving this sorry-*** state for the great Republic of Texas, that I'm jumping in the air and clicking my feet together. No permit needed in your car, period, unless you are at the mercy of the Houston Police.

Karl, I hope you escape this place too one day...