JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there anybody who knows anything about Craftsman tool chests? A while back I had a drawer open on my tool chest, and a heavy object fell on to the open drawer, bending the heck out of the glide track on the inside of the chest. All instructions I find online are how to remove the drawer itself. I don't need to remove the drawer, I need to remove the track the drawer rides on. Does anyone know how to do it?

004_zps6102401a.jpg

I have had two of them over the years and never had to remove a drawer once. Looks cut & dry though with the track clipped into the front tang and however they mount in the rear (pics don't give a clear view of how it attaches) maybe lift on the front & it'll slide right out.

Try contacting Waterloo. They made most Craftsman boxes for years. I don't know if Sears changed suppliers before yours was made, but it is worth a try.

Waterloo supplies replacement slide units and will have installation instructions for their parts.

The track will lift out if you tap the front straight up out of the slot.
The rear of the track is in a pin hole and that will pull out to the side once the front is loose.

I don't think Sears lifetime warranty will replace a part damaged by the owner.
from what I understand the Craftsman lifetime warranty is all inclusive. I know a guy that brought a rusted hammer head in and walked out with a new hammer. now this was 30 years ago so things may have changed.

This is from the horses mouth.

CRAFTSMAN LIMITED WARRANTY
FOR ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, this product is warranted against any defects in material or workmanship. With proof of purchase, a defective part will be replaced free of charge.
"This warranty does not apply to a product that is damaged or altered through transportation, misuse, abuse, corrosion, accident, neglect modification or mishandling, nor does coverage apply if the product is ever attached to a moving vehicle."
This warranty is void if this product is ever used while providing commercial services or if rented to another person.

This is from the horses mouth.

CRAFTSMAN LIMITED WARRANTY
FOR ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, this product is warranted against any defects in material or workmanship. With proof of purchase, a defective part will be replaced free of charge.
"This warranty does not apply to a product that is damaged or altered through transportation, misuse, abuse, corrosion, accident, neglect modification or mishandling, nor does coverage apply if the product is ever attached to a moving vehicle."
This warranty is void if this product is ever used while providing commercial services or if rented to another person.

they have gone down hill then. used to be if you bought a tool, it was a craftsman.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top