JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ended up with some oddball rounds and I cant figure out what they are.

Headstamp:

TOP: 76
BOTTOM: 7.5
LEFT: SF
RIGHT: I

I found a pretty detailed page showing different rounds... problem is I found the same headstamp for two different rounds.

First, just the standard ball round showed this headstamp (only a headstamp pic) with a little primer sealer.
Second showed the same headstamp but this description showed the whole round, which has a black seal around the neck... this one was a tracer. But also a pinkish paint on the tip.

My rounds have the headstamp, the black neck sealant but no visible paint on the bullet.

Hopefully I can find some info... suppose I could always just shoot it and see if its the tracer

0202211753a[1].jpg 0202211753b[1].jpg

Since I reload.....I found this very interesting.

BUT, I still don't want a FRENCH rifle in 7.5. Unless it was given to me for FREE (or close to it).:D

Ive always wanted one (mas36) and it never worked out. Finally scored one at a decent price.

I ordered some brass and some PPU rounds.
Data is hard to find but seems like 308 data works

Looking forward to it

0125211810.jpg

Lack of ammo is easily explained. Each rifle was paired with one stripper clip of 2 rds ammo to save weight and money. The rifle was loaded with one round, sometimes two rounds, fired once, dropped. The rest of the ammo (clip) was discarded to reduce weight for running. The enemy picked up the rifle, fired the next round, but with no more ammo available, left it, which took up valuable time, so the Frenchy could escape safely. French soldiers were easy to spot by the brown stain on the back of the pants. This is why French officers wore brown pants.

Not really understanding all the 'dropped once' post, can any of ya'll posting things like that explain it and provide examples?
It goes back 15 years or so to a joke where someone spoofed the search engines where a query for 'French military victories' would return as top search result 'Didn't you mean French military defeats?"

This is most of the text from the page.

The Complete Military History of France
* Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian (Julius Caesar).
* Hundred Years War - Mostly lost. Saved at last moment by schizophrenic teenaged girl, who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare: "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."
* Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars to the Italians.
* Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots
* Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.
* War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.
* The Dutch War - Tied
* War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War - Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.
* War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.
* American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."
* French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.
* The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.
* The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.
* World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States.
* World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.
* War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu
* Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French.
* War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador, fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

Not really understanding all the 'dropped once' post, can any of ya'll posting things like that explain it and provide examples?

It's my understanding the French fought hard in WWII but not did not fight well and there is a difference..

The Germans captured and re-used French armor in Russia, which was superior to the Panzer II. French tactics were obsolete, but French equipment was pretty good.

Congratulations on your Mas-36. Always wanted one but I am now fatigued of fussing with milsurps. Everytime I have a broken part it takes Sarco or Numrich 5 weeks to ship, thanks to all this Covid BS.

Last Edited:

The French have rosey cheeks.... buttcheeks that is, from getting (mostly) spanked in warfare.... :s0140:

Just kidding... :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top