JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They do/did; the Mod 33/53 and they are the schiznit for a CQB weapon! Only way to really get your hands on one now days that a normal person can afford is to build from a flat kit! Nice thing is the two platforms share furnature ( mostly) and accessories, so you can have all the MP-5 goodness in a more useful caliber!
View attachment 502708
A big Merv Griffin Oooh! here - except maybe with a little more testosterone (Ahem!). I just noticed the "S" (Sichert) as well as both "1" and "2" on the safety lever. Like the start of this song...

So, I bought an Extar EP9 from a member here late last week, and shot it today at TCGC. FUN! Once sighted in, it's point, press, and ding! I practiced ups, shoulder transitions, and reloads. The 33 round Glock fun stick tends to "stick" in the mag well; some youtube reviews have noted this and recommend sanding the sides of the magazine. All other Glock magazine I have (17 round, 15 round) fall right out.

Really fun. Non-reciprocating charging handle. Empty hold open. Functioned very well.
Interesting that the 33 round mags will not drop ad the smaller ones will. I just bought 3, 33 round Glock mags for mine and they do indeed not drop free - even though EXTAR recommends quite strongly to use Glock mags. My EP9 came with a 17 round Pmag that drops fine. I am going to sand one of the Glock 33 rounders until it drops freely and then range test it. If it doesn't work, or is a pain, I will have a couple of Glock 33 rounders for sale and go with the 21 round Pmags. I do like the metal insert and feedlips on the Glocks though.

I just had surgery on my left arm, so the final test may have to wait for a while.

I hate to give up on the Glock mags because of assumed reliability. I measured the thickness between the Pmag and Glock - the Glock is at least 0.10 inch thicker. That is a lot of sanding. I already started on one until I got tired of sanding using 100 grit. It still won't drop free.

How is the reliability on the ETS and Korean mags?

I hate to give up on the Glock mags because of assumed reliability. I measured the thickness between the Pmag and Glock - the Glock is at least 0.10 inch thicker. That is a lot of sanding. I already started on one until I got tired of sanding using 100 grit. It still won't drop free.

How is the reliability on the ETS and Korean mags?

Yeah, I generally assume factory mags are more reliable than aftermarket mags. I haven't shot it with the ETS or Korean mags yet, but I've heard good things. I'll report back once I do. I also bought one of those 50-round drums (yet to try it though) :D

LOL, it sounds like it's the gun that's out of spec. :p
I don't think so, although I sent them an email. The 33 round Glock mags are thicker and I would imagine that any that have a steel insert will be too. What is interesting is EXTAR ships their guns with all sorts of different mags that aren't Glock. I have heard that the smaller capacity Glock mags drop free just fine. Is this a problem with Glock pistols and 33 round mags? I get that you are just kidding, but EXTAR seems to have a good reputation and customer service.

I don't think so, although I sent them an email. The 33 round Glock mags are thicker and I would imagine that any that have a steel insert will be too. What is interesting is EXTAR ships their guns with all sorts of different mags that aren't Glock. I have heard that the smaller capacity Glock mags drop free just fine. Is this a problem with Glock pistols and 33 round mags? I get that you are just kidding, but EXTAR seems to have a good reputation and customer service.
Now I have to decide if you're kidding. :) Glock pistols seem to run great with Glock 33 round magazines. Even the little 26 loves them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are a scoche thicker though.

Now I have to decide if you're kidding. :) Glock pistols seem to run great with Glock 33 round magazines. Even the little 26 loves them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are a scoche thicker though.
Nope, not kidding.

I did a Google search and found that some people have had trouble with Glock pistols and 33 round mags as well as some standard capacity mags. Most of the problems were due to mag swelling. To add to the problem, they used to make mags that were designed not to drop free. I think that I will just live with tight mags.:s0003:

Just picked her up. I will report back.
Super light, inexpensive but not cheap that I can tell without shooting, and full of freedom!
Everything is shiny new. Total cost $816.87
including: WA state tax, FFL xfer, shipping, Tractor Supply tac light, Fyland red dot, Magpul Mbus backup sights, MCS Nightstrike Diamondback Angled Foregrip, ETS mags x3, and the Glock mag. The 17 rounder came with the EP9.
Lets hope it lives up to the reviews. Cheers!
Christmas came early!
new_EP9_stuff_01.jpg new_EP9_side_01.jpg new_EP9_RHS.jpg

Total cost $816.87
including: WA state tax, FFL xfer, shipping, Tractor Supply tac light, Fyland red dot, Magpul Mbus backup sights, MCS Nightstrike Diamondback Angled Foregrip, ETS mags x3, and the Glock mag. The 17 rounder came with the EP9.
Almost forgot, also included in that total is the 2x rail kit which is extra ($29.89). Comes with only top and bottom picatinny rails.

Just picked her up. I will report back.
Super light, inexpensive but not cheap that I can tell without shooting, and full of freedom!
Everything is shiny new. Total cost $816.87
Lets hope it lives up to the reviews. Cheers!
Christmas came early!

Where did you get and how do you like the MCS Nightstrike Diamondback Angled Foregrip?

Where did you get and how do you like the MCS Nightstrike Diamondback Angled Foregrip?
You can only order the EP9 direct from the factory. Need to check @ 4-5pm AZ time on the website as that is when they update with new stock for sale. They tend to sell out quickly FYI. The foregrip feels excellent, natural, and precise. I have not shot with it yet, that will be happening this afternoon. I already intend to purchase another one (maybe the Viper) for the AR. Purchased at: Paintball Gun Handguards & Grips

The foregrip feels excellent, natural, and precise. I have not shot with it yet, that will be happening this afternoon. I already intend to purchase another one (maybe the Viper) for the AR. Purchased at: Paintball Gun Handguards & Grips

I have an EP9. If you don't mind could you post a pic of your hand around the grip? I have a Stark SE-5 Express Forward Grip which is about an inch too short to be useful. Also looks like your grip suppler MCS will be closed from December 15th, 2018, to January 15th, 2019.

I have an EP9. If you don't mind could you post a pic of your hand around the grip? I have a Stark SE-5 Express Forward Grip which is about an inch too short to be useful. Also looks like your grip suppler MCS will be closed from December 15th, 2018, to January 15th, 2019.
grip_LHS.jpg grip_RHS.jpg Four finger grip not five. Let you know after I shoot this afternoon.

Nick, check out this video of the nightstrike. I have used it on the extar and my hk416 clone 22 and love it. Very comfortable and can get a firm grip. I hold it like shown in the video. Holding it that way also lets u put ur thumb over the top if u want for a c clamp grip.

FYI you can also buy it directly from manufacturer website for same price but no free shipping.

Here is a pic of it on hk416 22 just for giggles

53F3CEF2-46DD-4E52-B818-F01EB16AA11D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews