JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Greetings all, I am really interested in this, and am curious about wear and tear on this firearm, after some significant amounts of ammo have been fed through it... I know there's a lot of polymer on it, and it's advised to avoid lube... how are the wear areas holding up, after it sees some use? thanks much!!

They're on sale right now for $419 vs $499, seriously tempted to pick one up. I wonder what we'll find them for once they're more widely available.

Did/does New Frontier Armory have a good reputation? I remember them making polymer AR lowers (not sure if they still do).

Edit: Price mistake
I have a couple of AR's with the New Frontier lowers and don't have any complaints. The triggers are butter smooth and although I haven't tried for myself the polymer lower can take more abuse than an aluminum lower. The trigger groups have been tested with over 75,000 cycles with no measurable wear. I have not had any functioning issues and they are lighter than an aluminum AR lower.

Poor man's MP-5?

Yeah, I'll stick with mine:

IMG_3392.JPG

Yeah, I'll stick with mine:

View attachment 499427
Say what you want about all these new PCCs but if you take that MP5 out and run double tap drills on multiple targets, even with the factory sights, you will start to appreciate that this gun was built to get on target fast and stay on target very well in full auto mode. Makes it a wonderful gun to shoot in any dynamic environment. It's a remarkable piece of machinery.

Don't get me wrong - I've enjoyed shooting several of the guns mentioned in this thread - I just love me some MP5 action.

Say what you want about all these new PCCs but if you take that MP5 out and run double tap drills on multiple targets, even with the factory sights, you will start to appreciate that this gun was built to get on target fast and stay on target very well in full auto mode. Makes it a wonderful gun to shoot in any dynamic environment. It's a remarkable piece of machinery.

Don't get me wrong - I've enjoyed shooting several of the guns mentioned in this thread - I just love me some MP5 action.

Same! Hard to beat the original. :cool:

MP-5's may be all that, but some people don't have that type of cash. Looking at Gunbroker and Gunsamerica prices you could buy 5 or 6 Extar's and arm your whole family for the price of one MP-5.

Last Edited:
This just in:

"Thank you for your interest in the EP9. We don't have one projected date, but will add more in batches (first come, first served) and ask that you check the website periodically. It is not practical for us to notify potential customers or create a wait list due to the sheer volume of inquires. We only take orders when the pistols are in stock."

Hmmmm. Guess that means that they will NOT be notifying me after all when their EP45 firearm is available for sale. But, but, but ... they said they would 3 months ago when I signed up for one.

So, I bought an Extar EP9 from a member here late last week, and shot it today at TCGC. FUN! Once sighted in, it's point, press, and ding! I practiced ups, shoulder transitions, and reloads. The 33 round Glock fun stick tends to "stick" in the mag well; some youtube reviews have noted this and recommend sanding the sides of the magazine. All other Glock magazine I have (17 round, 15 round) fall right out.

Really fun. Non-reciprocating charging handle. Empty hold open. Functioned very well.

Rich man's MP-5 is always better. They need a micro HK-91 that fits the MP-5 footprint. Or do they have one?
They do/did; the Mod 33/53 and they are the schiznit for a CQB weapon! Only way to really get your hands on one now days that a normal person can afford is to build from a flat kit! Nice thing is the two platforms share furnature ( mostly) and accessories, so you can have all the MP-5 goodness in a more useful caliber!
3171660642_6fab46efc3_b.jpg

They do/did; the Mod 33/53 and they are the schiznit for a CQB weapon! Only way to really get your hands on one now days that a normal person can afford is to build from a flat kit! Nice thing is the two platforms share furnature ( mostly) and accessories, so you can have all the MP-5 goodness in a more useful caliber!
View attachment 502708
What a BLAST! Muzzle blast that is... I must admit that a slightly shorter, substantially lighter version of the 91-A2 would be welcome. However, the design and construction may limit that - much more so than shortening and lightening the AR-10 platform. I would be delighted with either, but have to settle for the 91-A2.

$444 NIB in the mid 80s. Still only $1040 today. As they say, timing is everything.

So, I bought an Extar EP9 from a member here late last week, and shot it today at TCGC. FUN! Once sighted in, it's point, press, and ding! I practiced ups, shoulder transitions, and reloads. The 33 round Glock fun stick tends to "stick" in the mag well; some youtube reviews have noted this and recommend sanding the sides of the magazine. All other Glock magazine I have (17 round, 15 round) fall right out.

Really fun. Non-reciprocating charging handle. Empty hold open. Functioned very well.

Try the ETS Translucent 31 round Glock Magazines.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top