JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been having trouble finding active groups of safe, training oriented shooters. From Eastern Oregon where wheat fields offer 100's of yards of shooting, and now stuck in "Brown's camp" shudder/duck part of the world. Found a few decent areas to shoot but not a lot of people who are capable / willing to do much physical training, moving shooting, etc. Standing in a perfect stance and shooting bull's-eyes just doesn't seem to be effective "training" to me.

What I'm looking for:
CHL pistol drills
Defensive pistol drills
Carbine drills

Anybody know a good group that might be open to new "members"?

If you have a great place to shoot then get creative.

Balloons, steel targets, walking/jogging shooting courses, some 2x4s and plywood you can make some fun stuff.

I wosh I had the space to shoot alone.

Every decent place around here is full of goons.

I have steel targets, barricades, timers etc. The main point of the group would be to help with stuff I am doing wrong and not aware of. Other people can watch and correct ineffective movements / techniques and other things hard to notice as you are actually shooting. I also like working team drills that are just not possible alone.

I have steel targets, barricades, timers etc. The main point of the group would be to help with stuff I am doing wrong and not aware of. Other people can watch and correct ineffective movements / techniques and other things hard to notice as you are actually shooting. I also like working team drills that are just not possible alone.
then invite some of the members here to shoot with you since you are all setup...win win

its what I have done, not so much to train but to convert non gun people.....I have a practical tactical shooting range that I have hacked a path way thru the forest and briars with 18"x 24" nazi zombie targets strategically placed as you follow the pathway.I have the newbs so excited about shooting nazi's on a tactical course they get over the gun fear almost immediately, they also wear a GoPro & I send them home with a first person shooter video of themselves

Its how I fight the good fight against the deomcrats

The biggest hurdle I see, even more than finding committed people to train with, is finding people who have valid, tested knowledge, and are skilled at passing it on, but that sounds like taking a class. Have you considered whether what you actually want is to gather a cohesive group of buddies to take classes together and then practice what they've learned together? This sort of thing is common in other sports and hobbies, but I haven't heard of very many groups like this in the shooting world.

If you do get a group to do this regularly, I'd be interested.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top