JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have lived in welches for a couple years and will be hunting bear and cougar this fall. I have already gone scouting three or four times and I was wondering if there was anyone in the area or interested in hunting the area this fall for bear and cats. Seems like everyone has elk fever, hunts deer if its convenient, and just forgets about bear and cougar. None of my regular candidates for a hunting buddy really seem interested in spending a ton of time in the woods looking for bears and cats.

Disclaimer- 32, combat vet, federal employee. I like following the regs and hunting hard. Not interested in getting drunk or stoned while hunting (no judgment just not my thing, hunting is my thing and I take it pretty serious). Not a pro and new to hunting the West Coast, but learning quick.

If your interested in meeting up and just doing a day trip to see if we get along let me know.

I have lived in welches for a couple years and will be hunting bear and cougar this fall. I have already gone scouting three or four times and I was wondering if there was anyone in the area or interested in hunting the area this fall for bear and cats. Seems like everyone has elk fever, hunts deer if its convenient, and just forgets about bear and cougar. None of my regular candidates for a hunting buddy really seem interested in spending a ton of time in the woods looking for bears and cats.

Disclaimer- 32, combat vet, federal employee. I like following the regs and hunting hard. Not interested in getting drunk or stoned while hunting (no judgment just not my thing, hunting is my thing and I take it pretty serious). Not a pro and new to hunting the West Coast, but learning quick.

If your interested in meeting up and just doing a day trip to see if we get along let me know.

Wish I was younger and in better shape. That sounds great.

I think people don't always go for bear or cougar because of the meat. Deer and elk are pretty good and bear is really fatty and I've never heard of anyone hunting cougar for meat.

Having said that I always buy a big game tag here in WA. If I see a bear or cougar in season I'm taking it.

Thank You for your service, and Thank you for being another responsible sportsman.
Welcome to the forum and to the area!

I have a few friends that have eaten cat, and after reading some cooking books I am confident some good meals will be had. Everything I have read and been told it eats like lean pork, just getting pasted the cat part will be the big obstacle for most I imagine.

I have been out scouting a half dozen times now. What do you think of spending a day and checking out a new spot? If it works out I will be hunting starting august 1st, happy to work around your archery hunts. What unit will you be hunting for elk in?

So far I have been just scouting out some good food sources and quite spots. My plan was to get an electronic call, seems to be the smartest way around here being as though everything is so thick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top