JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just an idea...

Before you plunge into smithing, take a round rubber pencil eraser and work it vertically up and down the ramp for 20-30 minutes while you watch TV. You'll still see horizontal lines across the ramp where it was originally shaped, but shinier and slightly less pronounced. Maybe a little light dremel action with a soft felt wheel and whitening toothpaste as an effective, but not too aggressive, polishing medium. I've had more than a few grumpy semi-autos that fed less than cooperatively. Cleaned them up without any professional intervention and they all feed 100% now with whatever I put in them.

Just an idea...

Before you plunge into smithing, take a round rubber pencil eraser and work it vertically up and down the ramp for 20-30 minutes while you watch TV. You'll still see horizontal lines across the ramp where it was originally shaped, but shinier and slightly less pronounced. Maybe a little light dremel action with a soft felt wheel and whitening toothpaste as an effective, but not too aggressive, polishing medium. I've had more than a few grumpy semi-autos that fed less than cooperatively. Cleaned them up without any professional intervention and they all feed 100% now with whatever I put in them.

Just to let you know, if you don't know what you were doing and manage to change the angle of the feed ramp (with the dremel, probably won't happen with the eraser), a gunsmith will probably charge you more to fix it that he would have to do the job from the start. Or to replace the barrel if too much material has been taken off the ramp. But if you are talented with tools and want to try this, power to you! Hopefully you have the luck teflon has. But just want to make sure you have all the facts...

Just to let you know, if you don't know what you were doing and manage to change the angle of the feed ramp (with the dremel, probably won't happen with the eraser), a gunsmith will probably charge you more to fix it that he would have to do the job from the start. Or to replace the barrel if too much material has been taken off the ramp. But if you are talented with tools and want to try this, power to you! Hopefully you have the luck teflon has. But just want to make sure you have all the facts...

Agreed. That's exactly why I used a felt (cloth) wheel. The idea is to polish, not reshape.

Good advice by MB. If you're not sure, don't do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top