Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Anyone in beaverton/hillsboro have a dremel to lend?

Reactions
I have to grind down the beavertail grip on my 1911 and don't feel like dropping cash on something I may only use one or twice..

Let me know, I will buy the bits I need.

-Jon

OP
sweetbeard
Reactions
No, It is my Mil-spec 1911, AN upgraded hammer was added, and I need to tweak the beavertail abit and reblue it....

LOL @ a broke dad huh joey..... for shame!!

:s0114:

OP
sweetbeard
Reactions
PG quit trying to take all my ammo..

RK I should have thought about it, I was going to buy a new one but it is hard to find one that fits without a gap on the mil-spec..

Once I thouch up that little part it should be awesome..

Joe Link

Reactions
I was laughing cause at dinner Steve and I were talking about dremels and gunsmithing. Where's that motivational poster about gunsmithing with the dremel?

Reactions
SB, take that dremel..........lay it on the road, then run over it 4-5 times with your car!

Now, you can use a dremel drum sander bit, chuck it in a drill press, that way your cut will be even and level.........

This is what a GI grip safety looks like after it has been relieved for a Commander style hammer...........

gripsafety.jpg

OP
sweetbeard
Reactions
Good idea, thats what mine looks like, I just need to even out the grind..

... I just tried the gun blue pen, and it seems like it may work good to cover the spot in question

OP
sweetbeard
Reactions
Project Mil-spec is complete, bought a dremel today and finished gringing down the factory beavertail to a meet the new hammer.

Not all bubba, Then blued the hammer and beavertail.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider