JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The gun shows seem to be a live version of gunbroker, complete with the price gougers and extremely rare "fair deals". Plus you get to pay to witness it.
I miss the days when you could go there and actually find a decent number of deals.

You gotta be kidding. I picked up a 525 round box of .22LR at BiMart yesterday for under $20.

I lucked into two bricks at the local Bi-Mart on Thursday. $18.97 I think?

I was there to pick up some steelhead plugs and happened to be there when the ammo arrived. Apparently it's a scheduled event as there were several people waiting in line at the counter.

The Bi-Mart clerk wheeled out about eight cases of misc. ammo including three cases of Remington Golden value packs of .22lr.

First guy in line took his allocated four bricks of .22lr and then announced to the rest of the line that he would pay $20 a brick to anyone willing to take and then sell their four box share. This triggered a heated discussion between guy #1 and the folks near the end of the line who realized that this ploy could leave them empty handed.

While this argument was going on, the clerk was opening the other cases and began handing out single bricks to each person in line. Guy #2 (who I think was a partner with guy #1) objected to this and demanded four bricks. The clerk replied "We're here to serve all of our customers" and continued to hand out ammo equally until it was gone.

E

I lucked into two bricks at the local Bi-Mart on Thursday. $18.97 I think?

I was there to pick up some steelhead plugs and happened to be there when the ammo arrived. Apparently it's a scheduled event as there were several people waiting in line at the counter.

The Bi-Mart clerk wheeled out about eight cases of misc. ammo including three cases of Remington Golden value packs of .22lr.

First guy in line took his allocated four bricks of .22lr and then announced to the rest of the line that he would pay $20 a brick to anyone willing to take and then sell their four box share. This triggered a heated discussion between guy #1 and the folks near the end of the line who realized that this ploy could leave them empty handed.

While this argument was going on, the clerk was opening the other cases and began handing out single bricks to each person in line. Guy #2 (who I think was a partner with guy #1) objected to this and demanded four bricks. The clerk replied "We're here to serve all of our customers" and continued to hand out ammo equally until it was gone.

E

Good for Bi-Mart! A bunch of happy customers beats one happy scalper any day of the week, it's just good business.

Sounds like one of the gun show gougers was restocking.

elsie

I completely gave up on gunshows about 5 years ago.
Find the best deals online and this forum.
Saved a lot of time, gas and entry fees.
Been happy ever since.

While I can agree in part with your sentiment, I still like going to the Albany ARPC shows and the Rickreall shows even if it only means looking. After all, it is a "show", I don't really have to buy anything.

Something just sounds wrong with the concept of paying to shop. Gun Shows rarely have good enough deals to offset the admission fee in my experience. Does not sound like this one prooved to be an exception.

Something just sounds wrong with the concept of paying to shop. Gun Shows rarely have good enough deals to offset the admission fee in my experience. Does not sound like this one prooved to be an exception.

Well someone has to pay the rent for the Expo or what ever venue is used to hold the gun show. If the whole cost was handled by the table holders the prices would end up being astronomical.

And Costco charges to shop there no one seams to whine about that much.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top