JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm curious to hear thoughts on the A&E show Duck Dynasty. I'm no fan of so-called 'reality' shows, but these old boys are hilarious :s0114:

Seems like they would be a blast to hang out with - and the solution to many things involve blowing stuff up. Its kinda like redneck insanity with a "walton's moment" dinner closing the show.... Wish I knew about them last time I was in Monroe, LA.

Only saw a few minutes of a couple episodes. I'm surprised that these guys are regarded as oddballs. I met a few multi-millionaires in the 90's, and they were good 'ol boys too!

Aside from the overly visible Hollywood/Vegas glitter gang, I think that effete Thurston Howell III stereotype is nearly extinct.

Yeah, the duck guys are cool. And I still buy a Powerball ticket every week.

They are the poster child for what i call "White trash tv" (no racial slur intended) and have become addicted and have watched every episode and have it dvr'd...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

While all "reality" shows are very contrived, 'Duck Dynasty' is quite entertaining and fun to watch.

That's exactly how I feel about it. Willie was interviewed and asked if that was really what their day to day lives are like and he said it's more like 'guided reality', but if you were really reality it'd be extremely boring. It's all just entertainment.

That's exactly how I feel about it. Willie was interviewed and asked if that was really what their day to day lives are like and he said it's more like 'guided reality', but if you were really reality it'd be extremely boring. It's all just entertainment.

Before the interview I recall reading about the episode where they buy a vineyard - apparently the "hired expert" is actually the owner of the winery and it was never sold... either way rednecks with tons of cash who take off from work at the drop of a hat to hunt / fish and blow stuff up - not bad entertainment.

Have watched it a couple of times, thought it was fun for a laugh, on a side note, I'm getting hooked on "storage wars" on the same channel, it's fascinating to see some of the stuff that people find and the prices they pay for them.

FYI - apparently one of the guys bought a unit a few years back that had a human head / remains in a freezer inside the unit. Also look up Barry - the guy is a big wig in the music industry and worth millions - just on the show as entertainment at the request of his buddy who produces the show. IIRC they get $10K per episode... that buys a ton of units - why can't I get paid $10k to bid on units every week?

FYI - apparently one of the guys bought a unit a few years back that had a human head / remains in a freezer inside the unit. Also look up Barry - the guy is a big wig in the music industry and worth millions - just on the show as entertainment at the request of his buddy who produces the show. IIRC they get $10K per episode... that buys a ton of units - why can't I get paid $10k to bid on units every week?

I figured his story was something along those lines. I've never heard reference to him owning a shop, and it seems he just does it for fun.

My wife turned me on to this show and

IT CRACKS ME UP! I just feel better after watching these boys enjoy life.

I know it is a "Reality" Show and certainly at least some of it is staged. But I was raised in the deep south and the show holds very true to southern culture. They do tend to be very family oriented and they love their guns. The sense of humor and quest for adventure holds true as well.

Favorite characters? I like Jase and Si. Especially Si - always up for ANYTHING and he eggs the guys on, constantly stirring things up. And yes, some of the Southern Belles are easy on the eyes. If you don't get a kick out of this show, well - you just ain't right........

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top