JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting myself a spare set of bino's. I have used a set of bx3 8x32's for the last 2 years and couldn't be happier with them. I'm wondering how the BX3 Mojave 10x32 would compare to the 8 power version? Anyone with any good info and review of these please chime in. Your experience would be greatly appreciated. I will say this, the BX3 8x32's have been more than adequate for my hunting needs these last couple years:

Last year, I went with a couple buddies on a late cow hunt and spotted some cows at 563 yards in the tree line. They were in the shadows, but I was still able to pick them up with these little 8x32's. I'm wondering if the 10x version would be a tad better in this scenario. However like I said, they have been more than adequate and have fulfilled my needs as a hunter. Here are my buddies after the one on the right just took this nice cow. He was pretty dang happy I spotted the elk in the tree line with my "compact" set of binoc's...:

After sneaking in close, he made a wonderful 50 yard shot on this nice cow with his old 06 and handloaded 165gr. grandslams. Thanks in advance for any info you can give on the binoculars in question. Happy hunting and good luck this year!!!

DSC00151_zpsbuzsmgck.jpg 5beadfa5-e0fe-44ee-93ce-d2455dbd8a02_zpsspwkpznh.jpg

My experience is higher power means less light gathering ability so I think you would go backwards with the 10x power. I like the 8x power much better because I can hold them steady enough for them to be useful...that is not the case with a 10x in my hands. I too am a huge fan of the 8x32mm size binos. The right balance of size, power and light gathering for my uses.

Agreed with otter, going above 7 or 8 power you loose light gathering to some degree. Worse is the greater the magnification, the harder it is to hold steady and you get a really shaky image! Unless you get a stabilized set of binos, its just not worth it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top