JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree about cod4 its better in alot of ways than waw. They seriously need to patch it bad. The whole laying down or jumping while you are shooting is ridiculous. Also they need to put in system that makes it so everyone has a equal ping and you dont have dudes lagging all over or your lagging so bad that a bolt action is worthless. As soon as i get money ill get a mic and be online with you guys.. ok joey?

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy the gameplay of 4 more than 5, but I was more than sick of the frag spam in 4 (multiplayer). After finishing both games solo missions I have to side with CoD4's being the better and more enjoyable of the two.
For what it's worth though, I play my FPS games on the 360. It's alot harder to cheat on the same hardware (besides the standby hacks and modded controllers) than it is to alt tab and bring up aimbots and what not like on a PC. I used to be on a ladder team way back in the day (R6 and RS) and the cheating was rediculous at times. Being on standardized equipment and high speed internet now evens the playing field so that lag and high end vs low end PC's don't decide the victor.

I used to play COD4 almost every evening, but since I picked up COD5 I've been hooked. I'm not sure if it's because it's still new, because I played COD4 so much, because I love old WWII stuff, because it's the first WWII shooter I've played, or because I love driving the tanks so much, but probably a mixture of all of them. COD4 was an amazing game and I'm sure I'll go back to playing it eventually, but I can't see that happening for a long time. How cool is it that I can play with a gun I actually have sitting in my closet? :D

I used to play COD4 almost every evening, but since I picked up COD5 I've been hooked. I'm not sure if it's because it's still new, because I played COD4 so much, because I love old WWII stuff, because it's the first WWII shooter I've played, or because I love driving the tanks so much, but probably a mixture of all of them. COD4 was an amazing game and I'm sure I'll go back to playing it eventually, but I can't see that happening for a long time. How cool is it that I can play with a gun I actually have sitting in my closet? :D

Well that means you just need to get some of the guns from cod4 :D

haha
I've got COD4 sitting right here as well, borrowing it from a friend, he too is torn as to whether or not to by WAW, he's nervous it won't be 'fun' which is lame, b/c of course it will be. In the meantime I'll go play some gears.

This is your first WWII FPS Joey? Man, you've missed some good ones in the past years. I love most WWII FPS's, good stuff.

I enjoy the gameplay of 4 more than 5, but I was more than sick of the frag spam in 4 (multiplayer). After finishing both games solo missions I have to side with CoD4's being the better and more enjoyable of the two.
For what it's worth though, I play my FPS games on the 360. It's alot harder to cheat on the same hardware (besides the standby hacks and modded controllers) than it is to alt tab and bring up aimbots and what not like on a PC. I used to be on a ladder team way back in the day (R6 and RS) and the cheating was rediculous at times. Being on standardized equipment and high speed internet now evens the playing field so that lag and high end vs low end PC's don't decide the victor.

I forgot to comment on this. I play my FPS games on the 360 as well, for the reasons you stated above; standardized hardware and it's difficult to cheat. That means a lot to a guy like me who has played literally 10 minutes of the COD4 single player game and none of the COD:WAW single player. I buy games to play online with my friends, and XBOX Live makes it easy.

haha
I've got COD4 sitting right here as well, borrowing it from a friend, he too is torn as to whether or not to by WAW, he's nervous it won't be 'fun' which is lame, b/c of course it will be. In the meantime I'll go play some gears.

This is your first WWII FPS Joey? Man, you've missed some good ones in the past years. I love most WWII FPS's, good stuff.

Yep, first one :s0155:

I have been playing FPS games for around 15 years, and I can't for the life of me play FPS on a console. I dunno if its just too much time with mouse and keyboard or what. But I have both COD4 and COD:WaW. I played WaW in beta and wasn't sure if I liked it, but bought it anyway and am glad I did. Only problem is the huge diffrence in the guns at lvl1 and at 65. It can get frustrating. But the stuff you get in the end is pretty cool.

I have a question though. Being a complete noob with real firearms, how accurite are the COD games as far as the guns go? Sadly most of what i know about military firearms I have learned from either gaming or the History channel.

I have a question though. Being a complete noob with real firearms, how accurite are the COD games as far as the guns go? Sadly most of what i know about military firearms I have learned from either gaming or the History channel.

Not very. Take the MP5 for example or the MP40, Thompson, or any weapon firing a pistol caliber round, they are designed for close quarters work. Most are sighted in for 25 yards or less and become problematic at ranges exceeding 50 yards. So you end up placing your weapon sights well above your target to engage it. I have shot at steel with a Glock 21 (45) at 50, 75, and 100 yards. It can be challenging. So when you get owned by someone firing a sub-gun from across the map, you can confidently call B.S.

Also try firing a Semi-Auto large caliber rifle rapid fire or full auto weapon on the move and see how accurate you can actually be. With a lot of training some is possible. My two favorite disparities have to be that when you are shooting at someone and they start jumping up and down to make you miss as they run at you. And second when you are shooting at someone from 10 feet away and they run at you at melee you to death. Well it might be possible to get that close during the time it would take to bleed out if you did not strike the pelvis, brain, or other number of places, you would not walk away with a grin on your face.

There is a large learning curve on switching from a keyboard to game controller. So it still pains me when I get schooled by some 10 year old that you can hear his mother in back ground telling him it is time for bed.

I played the (LOL, ok now I know where the foul language bar is...) HECK out of CoD4 and have switched over to World at War

Xbox Live ID - Dutchy556

Maybe I'll run into some other members on live?

ETA: For those who are on the fence, WaW multi is lots of fun, IMO

and yeah, video games and the history channel aren't the best sources of info on firearms...

Visually, the guns in the COD games are fairly accurate but in terms of how they compare to one another, how they actually function, effective ranges, accuracy, etc... yeah no.

Yeah im done with WOW... it got super lame, ill stick to cod4, much better multi in my opinion. I jsut got tired of the lag and the jumping and shooting in the air the laying down while shooting and the mines and dogs are stupid.

Matt

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads