JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Feel free to post comments and videos here concerning the Jazz idiom.

...also, I just got word that PBS is going to be airing a Miles Davis documentary on February 25th.
Check your local listing for details.

Right now, listening to something called "Opus to Swing"...

00:00 A1 Kansas City Side (Wess)
08:29 A2 Southern Exposure (Burrell)
15:22 B1 Over The Rainbow (Arlen)
21:21 B2 Wess Side (Wess)
26:33 B3 East Wind (Wess)

Bass – Eddie Jones
Drums – Kenny Clarke
Flute – Frank Wess
Guitar [Solo Guitar] – Kenny Burrell
Rhythm Guitar – Freddie Greene

recorded June 20, 1956

Last Edited:
It is a genre I used to listen to quite a bit back in the day, but not so much in recent years. If I can think of some good ones from that time period, I'll post some vids.

Parenthetically, for anyone who hasn't seen it, Ken Burns' Jazz was fantastic. Highly recommended. :)

Dave Brubeck...Progressive
Ahmed Jamal...Jazz organ
And Blues B.B.King etc.

Don't remember who did them, not really jazz, more blues, but I also liked,
"How come my dog don't bark when you come round?":rolleyes:
"The old philosopher" "Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.":D
You think you've got troubles buddy? "A dog done run away with my shoes...and I don't hear my girlfriend screaming anymore.:eek:

Last Edited:
Yes I listened to a lot of jazz "back in the day". My (ex) wife an I got caught up in the swing dancing 'craze', so really enjoyed a lot of big band music and other "up tempo" genre's. We got to know some of the local jazz musicians and went to local venues and house party jam sessions. Some of the best jazz I heard was in somones living room or back yard. We eventually got divorced and I drifted away from jazz for a long while. Coincidently tho, I've recently "rediscovered" Chet Baker which of course led me back to Miles Davis and so on. I've been reintroducing myself to the music.

It is a genre I used to listen to quite a bit back in the day, but not so much in recent years. If I can think of some good ones from that time period, I'll post some vids.

Parenthetically, for anyone who hasn't seen it, Ken Burns' Jazz was fantastic. Highly recommended. :)
It's all good Gent.
As OutwardHound is discovering, change is essential.
Feel free to leave anytime you like. You'll always be welcomed back. =)

Dean

Yes I listened to a lot of jazz "back in the day". My (ex) wife an I got caught up in the swing dancing 'craze', so really enjoyed a lot of big band music and other "up tempo" genre's. We got to know some of the local jazz musicians and went to local venues and house party jam sessions. Some of the best jazz I heard was in somones living room or back yard. We eventually got divorced and I drifted away from jazz for a long while. Coincidently tho, I've recently "rediscovered" Chet Baker which of course led me back to Miles Davis and so on. I've been reintroducing myself to the music.
If the album I posted seemed interesting to you, you might want to subscribe to Massimo Casulini's channel.
This guy has one of the biggest collections on YT and he literally updates it daily.
Also, I've been appreciating the efforts of Chris Whiteman.
The guy has a great sense of the music and a wonderful touch.
These are some of my favourite youtube channels.
...a lot of Django stemming from Heinz Becker's channel has been popping up in my feed lately, so I've been having fun listening to that, too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top