Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone here into model trains?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trlsmn, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I'm into O gauge, Lionel trains. I have been setting up a light box to start photographing them.

DSCN0418.jpg
    DSCN0417.jpg
    DSCN0416.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0412.jpg
    DSCN0411.jpg
    DSCN0410.jpg
    DSCN0409.jpg
    DSCN0406.jpg
    DSCN0405.jpg
    DSCN0404.jpg
    DSCN0401.jpg
    DSCN0399.jpg

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Not really related to model trains, but to trains in general. My grandfather was a carpenter and back during the depression he did a lot of the fancy trim and scroll woodwork on the passenger and pullman cars. We still have his old Oak tool box that he carried to work every day along with some of his tools like planes, brace and bit, chisels, etc........ :)

3. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

I like model trains (steam engines) but don't have room to build a layout. Try to take in the show at the Expo when they have it, and a couple open houses as time allows.

4. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Cool. I've been putting together model cars, trucks, airplanes, motorcycles, boats...etc since I was a 6yo. All of my work is gone except for a few motorcycles, a car and a unfinished sailboat. I have never tried to assemble a train but I did have a few electric trains. I expect that my son will pick up the hobby in a few more years when he is older. I look forward to building them with him.

:thumbup:Your Train Looks Nice!:thumbup:

5. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

I work for a railroad in Albany...

6. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

G-scale outdoors and N-scale indoors. Its been a number of years since I've had them out and running, though.

Keith

7. M.Link

M.Link Guest

4dogs, what railroad do you work for? I work for a railroad contractor up in Portland.