Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

anyone here hunt with a rem 760 or 7600

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by nitestocker, Dec 22, 2014.

1. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

i got a older 760 i just got in a trade it came with a fixed 4x power weaver scope the action is smooth and the trigger is good on this one ive had others that were not it was made in 1965

2. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

My dad has a 7600 in 35 Whelen that he used for elk hunting a few times.He liked it.Iv printed some good groups with it.The trigger on this one isn't bad,not real good,but not bad.

3. nitestocker

this one is in real good shape i traded a ruger sr 22 for it im very happy as long as it shoots well

MTpockets likes this.
  4. jasparseed1@yahoo.com

jasparseed1@yahoo.com Lebanon Member

Wife has carried one in 270 for years, she is left handed so worked good for her, shot her
    first Deer with it, but now she wants a BAR in 300 Win. will the insanity never stop, I want
    stuff but she will probably get before I DO, AND don't tell her I put a Sig Sauer Ar on layaway

nitestocker likes this.
  5. nitestocker

thats why i bought a gun safe my wife dont no what i have and by the time she finds out i can honestly say ive had that for quite awhile:)

6. nextgenar

nextgenar roseburg Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I hunted with a 760 30-06 for years until some of my friends convinced me i needed a "real" hunting rifle and i got a bolt action. Then the last few years i realized I had never missed a deer with my old 760 so this year i picked up a beautiful 760 carbine in 06. And sure enough I killed a deer at 150 yards this fall. 1 shot 1 kill. Nothing wrong with that.

nitestocker and soberups like this.
  7. nitestocker

thats what im looking for the carbine model but i got the 22 inch barrel model one of these days im going to get the carbine model

8. nextgenar

nextgenar roseburg Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I haven't seen a carbine for sale in a long time so I jumped on this one when i saw it. What caliber did you get?

9. Mbeef61

Mbeef61 SW PDX Active Member

My only complaint with them was the pump action rattled a little while walking in the woods and was a little noisier than I prefer but it shoots well

10. nitestocker

i got a 3006

11. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419832245.390439.jpg

Got this guy last year with my 760 in 30-06, I have probably taken at least 15 deer over the years with this rifle. Its a keeper.

nitestocker likes this.
  12. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter