JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone on here has any personal experiences with the RAS-47 from Century. I did a search on this forum prior to my extensive search elsewhere and could not find many reviews or thoughts on here about it. Cabelas was having an extra 10% off firearms sale and the RAS-47 w/ Magpul furniture comes out to being only about $585. I had placed an order a few days ago online for it but have since requested to cancel my order. My brother inlaw is still interested in one. The reviews are very up and down but most of the negative reviews seem to be from hardcore AK fans. I have owned several AKs over the past few years but am now down to just 3 - Arsenal SLR 95, Norinco MAK90, and a CAI SAR-1, all of which have had no issues whatsoever. I also have owned a couple WASRs, a Romy G built on a NODAK SPUD receiver, a Draco, AMD65, and a Saiga. All of my experiences have been pleasant with the minor exception of annoying mag wobble from 1 of the 2 WASRs i've owned and the slight awkward feeling of the amd65 in my hands while shooting it.

Anyhow, I've got to actually hold a few different RAS47s at different gun shops and it appears to certainly meet the eye test. It feels and looks like a quality rifle especially after holding it side by side with a WASR and NPAP (just my own opinion). I've never shot a RAS47 but quite a few followers on a dedicated AK forums seem to really hate the RAS47 after watching a torture test on youtube by Rob Ski from AKOU. If anyone posts a good review about the RAS47, they usually get bashed right away. I've seen the hardness test results on youtube which didn't fare well for the RAS47. It appears that CAI cheaped out on their front trunion and bcgs being made out of cast rather than being forged. From my hours and hours of research i have found more good reviews from people who claim to have put anywhere from a few hundred to over 5,000 rounds through theirs. What got me hooked on the RAS47 was the fact that it was 100% American made and by purchasing it I would be supporting 100% American labor. Although the there are some cheaper metals on it, it is to my assumption that as long as the cast metal is properly heat treated then it should still render the RAS47 a decent choice for most enthusiasts who will most likely baby it and not put over 5k rounds through it right away.

Why am I still asking for opinions even though i've cancelled my order? Well, this is probably my favorite forum and i'd like to gather more opinions and reviews about this RAS47 as I can since it is relatively new (especially to me) and to add to the overall track record of the gun for others to know as well.

Here's the video from Rob Ski regarding the end of the torture test and 5,000 rounds later:

Here's a review from James Yeager:

I have one. I have approx 1000rds on it. No problems. No excessive wear. I have 3 Ak's in both 7.62 and 5.45. But if it is not my go to rifle. So far so good. Only thing is I do not like the light weight bolt carrier. If you are looking for a US made AK check out the PSA gen 2

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top