JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else collect militaria? I got bit by the bug when I was in the Marine Corps, and traded my Buck knife to a South Korean Marine for his ROKMC beret. Later, in Desert Shield/Storm, the Scottish regiment my unit was with traded us all sorts of uniforms and insignia. My main interests include Imperial Japanese, French Foreign Legion, British, and US Marine Corps. I collect Soviet stuff from time to time too. My main interest was Imperial and WWII German, but prices have gotten to be so rediculously high, and the amount of fakes on the market have made me reluctant to buy any of that in a long time.

Only once. I bought it from a guy at work (retired Portland Police Officer) who needed the cash, for a very decent price. 1942 manufacture, with all matching serial numbers. Smooth!

I do so also. Mostly focusing on Operation Desert Storm to OEF/OIF....some earlier, some in between....and the nice thing is; most of the gear can be used for whatever I need to use.

Ar I built using a Rock River lower and M16A2 parts, to resemble the M16A2 I carried in Operation Desert Storm, with the jacket I wore and my K-bar.

British Royal Marines and Parachute Regiment jackets from OEF/OIF.

5o5JoMWl.jpg

Kind of, my grandfather was in WWII and I have a Nazi helmet that he brought back from Germany. It isn't in very good condition now, but I remember when I was a kid we used it for feeding the hogs and it had the original leather head strap. Now you can barely see the swastika on the side. He also brought back two ceremonial swords, which me and my brother both have now. When we were growing up we used to sword fight with them when we had the scabbards, now we can
t find them and just have the swords. Mine sits above my reloading bench.

Awesome collection. I personally don't collect, but my Father in law does. During our last visit he had an original issued sidearm from every nation that was involved in WW2. The Lugar he had was from the Submarine Service and actually he had some of the history on it. He's retired AF, and has some pretty cool AF stuff too.

Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

Semper Fi.

When I saw the title of this thread it reminded me of the old Father Ted series. The "War Memorabilia" starts at 3:23 but suggest you watch the whole 2 parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded a Coldstream Guards No. 1 dress jacket, belt, and cap and a Black Watch piper's jacket (not pictured) for these three sets of WWII Soviet medals. The first bar is for the Defense of the Caucusus, Capture of Koenigsberg and Capture of Berlin, the second and third bars are for the Defense of Leningrad, the first of which appears to be for a civilian laborer.

Trade was probably even. My Coldstream Guards ensemble would have been worth a lot more if I had the bearskin busby like those worn by the guards at Buckingham Palace, but that would have most likely entailed a further $1,000 investment, which i wasn't interested in doing. Also, with limited space, I have to think about what is more practical to keep and display.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top