JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Friend's daughter's car was struck by a driver running a red light middle of last week. When my friend showed up to the scene Officer David Snider told him he didn't need to gather insurance information from the other driver because it would be in the report and that standard operating procedure now is to not let the two drivers talk to each other once the police have arrived. Low and behold no report yet and my friend had been instructed to contact Sgt Terry Okeaf (sp) with the traffic division.

Officer Okeaf has been unreachable. So my friend has a wrecked car and can't file an insurance claim to even get a rental until he can submit the other driver's info to his insurance company.

Seems odd that my friend wasn't allowed to get insurance information from the other driver since the police were there and now is at the mercy of getting his car fixed based on a non existent police report and flaky contact at the department.

Any help or suggestions that I could pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Any accident where the value of the damage to either car is believed to exceed $1500 requires filing of an accident report to DMV by both both drivers. I think you have 72 hours to do that. You can leave blank any info you don't know. The important thing is to file the report and to make the deadline. Failure to do so can result in a suspension of your license. You can call DMV to get their interpretation on what to do in your situation.

You need to do the DMV report as well as seek out the police report.

What your friend was told by the Gresham police really sounds rather odd.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top