JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've done historical research work for a couple wargaming-miniatures publishers, and dabbled with the old D6 System (MIB: The RPG) back in the '90s. Girlfriend's trying to drag me into D&D, but fantasy just isn't my thing...

IMG_20200117_194026.jpg
THIS is how one SHOULD NWFA! :D
Not a high end gaming build, but it's good enough for my needs! Considering it's almost 10 years old, it still keeps up with the latest and greatest! Lol
The real rock star is the 480g SSD and the 2ter barracuda platter behind it! Never bothered to clock the CPU or RAM, frankly isn't needed! about the only thing I would need today is a new grafix card, just need to decide which one I want!

How *I* NWFA:
w724_e.jpg

17.3" 1080p screen, 32GB RAM, dual 2TB internal HDD's plus room for two SSD's, BD-RE, dual GPU's... six years old and still chuggin' away like a champ on Windows 7, running almost continuously that entire time other than an overhaul three years ago.

Used to play a lot of stuff. Still have a lot of stuff. However, all my friends have moved away, my job wipes me out, and my family take my free time. Best I can do is squeeze in some xbone at 4 or 5am before work while people sleep. Even the few people who are close have moved to new editions of games or other things I just don't want to invest time or money in. My game library is decent still, and I have kept all my RPG stuff since I was a kid. Hoping to get the family into some of the classics.

Used to play a lot of stuff. Still have a lot of stuff. However, all my friends have moved away, my job wipes me out, and my family take my free time. Best I can do is squeeze in some xbone at 4 or 5am before work while people sleep. Even the few people who are close have moved to new editions of games or other things I just don't want to invest time or money in. My game library is decent still, and I have kept all my RPG stuff since I was a kid. Hoping to get the family into some of the classics.
honestly 5th edition is the easiest for new players to get into as they streamlined a lot of things and have added so much since even 3.5.

The woman joked I needed a 3rd monitor so I bought it and a second desk for my 1X just so I could play CoD set up. Nothing professional looking just a cheap plastic folding desk. I dig the ghetto look tbh.

Thinking about applying a NWFA clan tag just so we can maybe find each other in game if you play.

Oh ya forgot I also like to shoot my gats and autistically clean and service them. Weird how video games drove my love for firearms but my first interaction was learning to fire a 12g pump Remington when I was 4 or 5 with my pops help bracing. Oh ya I also love throwing lights on them and switching my carry based on numerous conditions and factors.

Still got my old systems and enhancements so I can play them on modern displays in not crap quality. The woman is also into it though she doesn't play much I was able to coach her thru updating MW the other night for season 2 so I didn't have to update after work haha. We're both dorks and I love it.

The woman joked I needed a 3rd monitor so I bought it and a second desk for my 1X just so I could play CoD set up. Nothing professional looking just a cheap plastic folding desk. I dig the ghetto look tbh.

Thinking about applying a NWFA clan tag just so we can maybe find each other in game if you play.

Oh ya forgot I also like to shoot my gats and autistically clean and service them. Weird how video games drove my love for firearms but my first interaction was learning to fire a 12g pump Remington when I was 4 or 5 with my pops help bracing. Oh ya I also love throwing lights on them and switching my carry based on numerous conditions and factors.
a clan tag would be cool!

View attachment 659729
THIS is how one SHOULD NWFA! :D
Not a high end gaming build, but it's good enough for my needs! Considering it's almost 10 years old, it still keeps up with the latest and greatest! Lol
The real rock star is the 480g SSD and the 2ter barracuda platter behind it! Never bothered to clock the CPU or RAM, frankly isn't needed! about the only thing I would need today is a new grafix card, just need to decide which one I want!

Ya know.... I've heard it said that the internal condition of a nerd's mid-tower computer case resembles the inside of his undershorts.... I'm inclined to believe it.

:s0140:

Is that...... a Lego set? o_O

;)
No, 1/1000-scale miniature of John Paul Jones's Bonhomme Richard that against all odds I snuck through the back door and got into production. The ship and its base are about as long as a finger.

Ya know.... I've heard it said that the internal condition of a nerd's mid-tower computer case resembles the inside of his undershorts.... I'm inclined to believe it.

:s0140:
LOL
Yup, shoulda seen it before I cleaned it! :s0140:
Sitting on the floor next to the T.V. with 3 big arse dogs can make a mess of any electronics in a very short time! :eek:
I steam clean about once every 2 weeks, but the poos desk top I keep forgetting until it's starts over temping and then I remember it needs a good cleaning, usually with compressed air!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top