JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone having severe misfire issues with the Remington Golden Bullet 22LR? I like to shoot inexpensive .22 ammo sometimes, and have had about 1 in 15 rounds misfire in a number of guns from several different boxes of Remington Golden Bullet (new production). This has been ongoing for quite a while. Since about the last ammo shortage. So far the Federal Champion Bulk packs seem to be working ok,

I prefer subsonic, or standard velocity for suppressor use.

What do you guys use?

Common issue for alot of people along with it being extremely dirty. I use CCI mainly but have alot of older production from many companies produced before the shortages.

I love the older yellow box CCI mini mag ammo. any time I see it, I buy all of it. I have never had a misfire in any gun with it. In fact as far as .22 goes, I prefer anything that is 10 yrs old, or Eley primed new stuff.

I have been avoiding the rem gold bulk packs for the past few years now and buying the federal bulk packs, now bimart is 2 + months out of them, and I hope more come in soon.
My problem with the remington gold has been every third bullet from the bulk pack was jamming, stove-piping in the action of my clean ruger 10/22.
I looked closer at them and you could shake them by the rimmed base and see the bullet wobble in the mouth of the brass.

I get the same lousy results in my rifle.
I know that American Eagle is a little more spendy,but it shoots rings around the remmy's..in my gun..and I don't recall getting any misfires. In a chrono test I ran,they were very consistant,below 25fps difference as I recall.

My sig 522 doesn't have any problems with firing them (it wacks the **** out of the primer) BUT it is amusing to actually hear the different velocities of the rounds going down range because of the horrible inconsistency in powder loads. You can almost make a drum cadence!

Rem Golden Bullet Sucks
I get lots of misfires I rotate the shell in the breech sometimes and refire which rarely works. The ammo is dirty. I find Peters Lead RN works lots better as nearly every other mfg. The only good point is that you get to practice rapid action drills quite often.

I was at an appleseed shoot last weekend. Had multiple misfires with the Remington, I explained it as being outside in a soaking rain. When I switched to Federal shot all day Sunday in the same conditions without a single misfire. How can I turn this ammo into Remington for a refund/exchange?

I was at an appleseed shoot last weekend. Had multiple misfires with the Remington, I explained it as being outside in a soaking rain. When I switched to Federal shot all day Sunday in the same conditions without a single misfire. How can I turn this ammo into Remington for a refund/exchange?

I went to their website and sent them an email. They sent me a call tag.

I bought a box of the Remington Golden Bullets to try out. I got lots of practice in clearing misfires and jams. Pure junk! CCI Mini Mags are what I like. They go bang each and every time.

I love the older yellow box CCI mini mag ammo. any time I see it, I buy all of it. I have never had a misfire in any gun with it. In fact as far as .22 goes, I prefer anything that is 10 yrs old, or Eley primed new stuff.
I also use only CCI, either stingers or mini mags.I once took several different brands off 22lr ammo apart,dumped the powder out in a straight line seperatly,and lit it with a lighter to see how they compared as far as burning.The CCI rnds left next to nothing behind, the others left a very dirty trail behind,exspecially the Remington ammo.That why I've gone strictly CCI.No misfires,and keeps my guns cleaner for sure.

I guess I am the only one that has had good luck with the golden bullets? I have gone away from everything else because I could not seem to find anything that worked 1/2 as well.
I have near 10,000 rounds of it packed in the safe. I hope it does not start giving me the same troubles.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top