Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have the Sig P227?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by nastybynature, Mar 11, 2014.

1. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

I just bought one of the full size ones from Keith's and will have it next week.

Really want the Carry version and have a deposit down for one there for when it comes in.

Any thoughts, advice, criticism you would like to offer is appreciated.

2. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Thought the wider grip was a bit unconventional, guess I'm just use to the 229/226/220. Like the stagger stack but wish it held more rounds so I could convince myself to drop my 220's in favor of it. Overall it's a P-Series Sig so you know it's gonna be an awesome workhorse.

3. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

Don't have one but I want one!

4. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

My P228 has this hogue grip so i am used to the wider grip and loved the feel in the store when I held it.

5. 156256Hunter

156256Hunter Fairview-ish Active Member

I'd be interested to see whether the 227 has an arched or "coiled" trigger bar spring.

6. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

It's coiled...you can't put E2 style grips on the old style trigger bar spring.

7. 156256Hunter

156256Hunter Fairview-ish Active Member

Thanks. The arched spring is the only thing I dislike about the 220. The other day I tried putting a coiled spring on a P220 SAS that has slim grips, and while the trigger worked, I could hear the spring clicking against the grip's underside. I don't think there's enough material on the underside to remove so the spring can work without rubbing.

Just offhand, do you know whether Sig manufactured Rosewood 220 grips would permit a coiled spring?