JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm seeking Information , True field test Info on the better choice between the 300 RUM and the 30-378...Put aside the ammo cost...Just interested in performance...I know about the case difference's about the belted and none belted reliability , Feeding...
Thanks for ANY Input...

Are you shooting at paper or animals? I'm shooting a 7mm and my buddy is shooting the 300 ultra mag. I shoot the 168gr. vld's and he shoots the 210vld's(similar bc). For a lot more powder and RECOIL, he doesn't gain much. Check out the 7mm's for long range....like the 180vld out of a 7mm ultra mag. if you feel you need that much power.

It's not the exact same caliber, but, I got to shoot a 338-378 Weatherby a couple months ago, it was a fellow shooters rifle. The rifle was a Weatherby action, composite stock, with a custom barrel (I don't know the maker) and a Horus Raptor scope. We chrony'ed the loads at the range, and it shot an avg of 3140 fps. We then drove up in the hills and set paper targets at 750yds and 950yds. The fellow who owned the rifle had one of those wrist-watch ballistics programs and a kestrel, we fed it the data, and shot prone from a bipod with a sock under the butt.
I was pretty apprehensive to shoot after hearing about the ferocious recoil from .338's. The barrel had a muzzle brake, and I would say it weighed under 10lbs. I can't remember what bullets we were shooting, but my recollection is they were around 200gr.
I was pleased to shoot three shot groups under moa at both distances, and I did not find the recoil to be any worse than my .308. The thing was incredibly loud and kicked up a huge cloud of dust and dirt, but other than that it was very pleasant to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top