JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shopping around for insurance for my firearm collection and it looks pretty good. Anyone have experience with them, or suggestions on who else I might look into? I'd rather not provide serial numbers.

I have Armscare. Because I do not have to provide serial numbers or update my acquisitions and disposals is exactly why I use them.

Fortunately I've never had a claim, but I have have heard from a few folks over the years that have, and they were pleased with the service.

WAYNO.

I have Armscare as well and while I too have not had a claim, the price is very reasonable.

There is a requirement to provide data for any single firearm that is valued at over $5,000 (that includes gun cost and optics). I didn't provide a serial number for my KAC SR25, just the make, model, scope model, etc.

The coverage also covers attached slings if I remember correctly so you'll end up with enough to actually replace the gun should it get stolen.

You provide an estimate of what your collection is worth (gun with attached scope and sling) and they give you a cost for the policy. I just renewed mine on Friday. Unfortunately, it does not cover suppressors so if those get swiped I'll be out some coin.

The basic (free) NRA policy covers you up to $1,000, $2,500 or $10,000 depending on your membership level. So that would be free coverage if you upgrade your membership and depending on the value of your collection it might be cheaper (till you buy more guns).

Be sure to look up reviews and read the exclusions very carefully before buying. Another that's very reasonable and has a great reputation is Collectibles Insurance. No serial numbers required with them unless you have a loss and then they want serial numbers and a photograph.

I just recently got the Armscare insurance. Cost a lot less than if tacked it on to my homeowners insurance. I have some handguns and shotguns, etc. so I had a pay some money but the cost is very reasonable. If you are not an NRA member then you are required to join.

We went with our USAA homeowners policy, not too expensive but obviously that will depend on your collection. Were able to do it online and they sent us the actual list of the information for each firearm we insured.

Also found out that if we are involved in a shooting on our property at least, we are covered up to 300K. This includes anything associated with the original incident. Not up front costs, but reimbursements for actual bills, which we are fine with.

This something I really need to look into and some sort of trust so if I should die were my guns would go .lol I don't have anything collectable or worth lots of money but I sure would hate to have them taken a destroyed not to mention all the gear tools and ammo

Lol when I'm knocking on the purely Gates with my AR RIFLE IN ONE HAND AND A CASE OF COORS IN THE OTHER THEY GOT TO LET ME IN RIGHT they say all you want is in HEAVEN how bout unlimited ammo and beer see you there maybe lol I might be somewhere else lol I know they will let me in HEHEH

Look at Collect Insure and Eastern.

Collect Insure was a bit cheaper than NRA, several years ago when I looked into all of this so I went with them. They've been excellent to deal with although I've never had to file a claim...so far (knock on wood). I don't have any direct experience with Eastern but I've heard good things about them and it's easy enough to check their rates. Remember that you get $2K worth of insurance just for being an NRA member (assuming you are one)...so don't forget to factor that into things when you're trying to figure out how much you need.

Also remember that once a year or so, you should sit down and review all your insurance needs...not just for guns but everything else as well (home, auto, etc.). However, if you're like most of us, you probably buy at least a gun or two every year. So you'll need to increase your coverage accordingly.

Make sure you read the policies thoroughly and understand the coverage and limitations. For example, will the policy cover the loss internationally if something happens? And maybe you don't travel with your guns internationally but you get the point.

Make sure that you have all serial numbers written down, photos of each weapon, copies of all receipts and copy of the DROS couldn't hurt. These things may not be needed to take out the policy but they will certainly be needed should you ever need to file a claim.

Also take a look at all the accessories you have...optics, holsters, cases, mags, etc. That stuff REALLY adds up and it was quite surprising to me when I totaled it all. This is kinda a grey area with respect to your current home owners insurance. Because most home owners policies only cover a couple thousand dollars for firearms but do they consider this stuff part of firearms or something else? Collect Insure is relatively cheap compared to what you would pay for a rider with your regular home owners company so I just added it. One way or another I should be covered.

Thanks for all the feedback. I was surprised to see just how little my homeowner's covered and just how expensive replacing everything at once would be. Piece of gear hear and there adds up in the aggregate.

Thanks for all the feedback. I was surprised to see just how little my homeowner's covered and just how expensive replacing everything at once would be. Piece of gear hear and there adds up in the aggregate.

Don't forget to add DROS fees, shipping fees, any customization fees you added to the weapon after purchase...again, including shipping to the gunsmith. That crap really adds up. But with that said, I'm not sure how an insurance company would view things like that.

And yea, most homeowners policies are woefully lacking in firearms coverage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top