Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone have Glock sight tool?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Lars, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Lars

Lars Clackamas Active Member

I have some new sights coming in that I want to put on my 17 and AA conversion kit. Does anyone have a sight tool that I can borrow, rent, buy, etc. Thanks.

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

I've got a MGW rear sight tool.

You're welcome to use it if you want to come grab it.

3. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

I've got one you could use.

4. pencap

pencap Oregon Member

I've got some sort of front sight tool. PM me for info.

5. Lars

Lars Clackamas Active Member

Thanks guys! I just got my new sights in and I hope that I'll find time this week to install them.

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

The Glock tool is very specific.. it's for the rear sight. The front sight can be done with the right kind of flat ended socket, or if I remember right, a bit driver. . and for everyone's info, do not try to install Glock sights without the tool..it's a roll of the dice as far as damaging the (rear) sights by trying to drift it in

Many guys remove the front plastic sight by grabbing the inside stud portion with a needle nose vise grip and just twisting it off.. it's a $2 part and you will never use it, anyway. You might want to put some duct or Gorilla tape around the area to protect your finish..

If you were in the Oly, WA area I could help you do them, but I see you have some offers near you, anyway. I advise using red loctite on the front sight threads..