JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the planning stages of a Heavy barrel Target rifle most likely to be used in something like F Class open. And I'm interested in how I should space an adjustable butt plate to best use the 1" - 1.25" of adjustment in PULL they offer.

Most of my rifles are currently in the 13.25- 13.5" PULL range. My .50 Cal Plains Style Muzzle loader is 14" to the trip trigger.

The rifle I am building will be used both on a bench and in Prpositiontion. Looking at a 16- 20lb rifle.

Anyone do any long distance shooting with this type of adjustable buttplate? And how do you use it. Is it adjusted once and then left alone. Or do you change the pull based on your shooting position? If so do you for instance shorten the pull on the Bench or in Prone?

Just looking to talk with someone experienced with this.

Look at Competition Shooting Stuff web site, there is some very good information by German Salazar
I have a tube gun butt stock on my Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel I bought from them, look at "space gun stuff"
It is heavy, as compared to other adjustable stocks, about the same price as Magpul, I have both,
I use it for long range target it will adjust every direction you can imagine and to me is the best fit stock I have ever owned
you can set it once, but I adjust it all the time, one allen wrench, depending if i am setting, prone, up hill rain coat etc. And I watch the palma guys do the same thing. I have had many people ask about it, an odd looking contraption to be sure. perfect for me I watch the AR guys all the time, look at where the web of their stock sets never a natural length of pull That is why I got one.... I am building a new bolt gun and will bed it in a tube gun chassis, There are 2 gun smiths at Douglas Ridge who make some very nice stuff, visit on Thursday, long range day, and you are sure to meet them
see you there.. hope this was helpful Tom

Yea you talking about a completely different thing then I am looking for the type of adjustable but stock I am interested in would be like this:

in fact I am looking at building a stock very similar for the rifle I am planning,

very nice
Again I refer to Douglas Ridge There are experts of every discipline that shoot during the week, and they are the most friendly helpful guys you will meet. Gun smiths, factory fire arms reps. etc etc. I live close and work nights so I make the time to visit and just glean Ideas on a regular basis,
I would be more than willing to meet you there on a Thursday morning, long range day and have you as my guest, you will see some world champions there, see guns ..at least I will never see anywhere else, prototypes, other days you can see the best of the best bench rest guys maybe even a rail gun look at the calendar for DRRC, send me a PM
and can meet you there

keep us posted on your project, I love that stuff.. I have 3 projects waiting in line myself

best to you
Tom

I bought a rifle with that but plate, but not the adjustable cheek piece.
I don't have much experience with it yet, but so far I have not needed to change it except for the very first sdjustment.
I use the same stock position for prone as on the bench. Not a perfect setup by a long shot, but so far it is working for me.
Mine is not real easy to adjust. It almost takes two people to do it right. You need to hold the gun in position while someone else tightens the set screw.
I don't suppose this is much help, but if you can find a stock that is easy to adjust without assistance, I think that would work better than what I have.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top