JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a nice Norinco side folder and want a fore grip and holo optic.. so far it's been a safe queen and stock but I'm feeling the need to get 'er up to par.. is this thing quality or junk?

I went with the a top cover mount I already had with the tension screws and did it one better with longer allens from Tacoma Screw and aircraft lock nuts. It locks up very tight even without the screws so they are just insurance. That way I can stay with my steel ventilated gas tube cover and the thermo plastic lower with a rail for the folding grip that I already had. It's a factory side folder Norinco, the best of them IMO

The rail on the cover also has a passage for using the irons. Next it's the scope, decided on this one, found them as low as $172

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leatherwood-cmr-series-hi-lux-1-4x24-riflescope.html

Then tritium irons

You could also use a Midwest Industries quad rail. Allows cowitness red dot mount and keeps existing gas tube. Can't clean gas tube without Allen wrenching.

Pre1990 Type 56S2? Nice. Collectible. Personally, I'd rock it stock with irons.

If you're going to mount an optic I'd go with a parabellum armament dust cover rail or the gen2 TWS rail.
I've got the Gen2 TWS rail.. I think it needs some work but I've seen the PA rail and that one looks like it would be a little more sturdy.

OR an ultimak gas tube rail, (The heat woulndn't melt the optic unless you were doing mad amounts of bump firing.)

But the optic you're mounting looks like the dust cover rail would be best. I know folks have their doubts with dust cover mounted rails but these two companies have really "Changed the game" (I know folks hate that term) :p so to speak.

And if you've got a standard rear tang you could get a better LOP with the new TSD combat systems side folding stock with a milspec size CTR or MOE stock and still utilize a side folding stock.

Give'er a thought if you havent purchased your items yet.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads