JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes. I've owned and/or shot multiple models of the American, in .308, 7.62x39, .30-06, and .223.

I've had no function issues.

My preferences are the models with the AI or AR magazines.

These rifles are surprisingly accurate, in spite of the bargain basement price tag.

Last Edited:
I have an older .308 Predator Compact I like. Not fond of the mags, but I need to get ahold of Ruger and see what they can help me with on those. The plastic rotary mags don't want to feed part of the time. They supposedly have changed things to make the mags work better.

I have older and newer mags, in the newer ones, the fins are metal instead of plastic.

Accuracy is like what? The newer mags work well?

Including the .308, they all have shot sub-minute groups. The rotary mag works, but it just takes too much fiddling to get them inserted into the mag well. That's why my preference for A.I. style magazines.

So in fairness, if it has an A.I. magazine, it is not a Predator. My tests and reports are of the American platform, generally. And although the flush insertion of the rotary mag is pleasurable, the A.I. magazine in 3-round or 5-round, protrudes only slightly.

Last Edited:
Had an 18" predator. Great gun. Lightweight. Smooth action. Not super high grade or anything, but for the cost, well built.

Only group I put on paper was with corlokt and it did about 1.5-2" at 100 yards using a 1-4 powered scope.

Sold it as I didn't get around to using it for deer season and went on to something else.

Member here who bought it, took a nice bucks with it shortly after.

Including the .308, they all have shot sub-minute groups. The rotary mag works, but it just takes too much fiddling to get them inserted into the mag well. That's why my preference for A.I. style magazines.

So in fairness, if it has an A.I. magazine, it is not a Predator. My tests and reports are of the American platform, generally. And although the flush insertion of the rotary mag is pleasurable, the A.I. magazine in 3-round or 5-round, protrudes only slightly.
Really good info to stay away from the Rotary mag in the compact model.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top