JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
while relocating from one state to another. My daughter is wanting to ship her handgun home prior to her relocation from back East. Seems like she has to ship from a Hub Center back East and addressed to her self her in Oregon, but carrier policy is confusing. Anyone have any experience with this or recommendations how to lawfully ship her handgun home? BATF seems to outline this procedure is lawful when it is addressed to herself but carrier policy is confusing or in conflict??? Any ideas?.

Thanks.

I've shipped a gun from a UPS hub. The lady was very friendly, if a little uncomfortable and slightly ill-informed. I opened the gun case and showed her the contents, then boxed it and turned it over. It was pretty expensive, but the manufacturer was footing the bill.

If I were paying, I'd go with what PDX said. Cheaper, more convenient and stay out of New Jersey. :) Just to be sure I'd check both the TSA website and the airline's site. You can call the airline too, just to be sure, but some places the airline employees may not know the rules very well.

Transporting Firearms and Ammunition

Last Edited:
I've shipped a gun from a UPS hub. The lady was very friendly, if a little uncomfortable and slightly ill-informed. I opened the gun case and showed her the contents, then boxed it and turned it over. It was pretty expensive, but the manufacturer was footing the bill.

If I were paying, I'd go with what PDX said. Cheaper, more convenient and stay out of New Jersey. :) Just to be sure I'd check both the TSA website and the airline's site. You can call the airline to, just to be sure, but some places the airline employees may not know the rules very well.

Transporting Firearms and Ammunition

A few years ago I was flying Delta from Hartford to Portland & declared two handguns in my hard sided luggage. The newbie front counter guy had to get his supervisor & even before she reached me I could tell she was going to be a PIA by the look on her face. She printed off something from their dot-matrix printer & began arguing but I pointed out that the guns weren't required to be in locked cases because the luggage was hardsided. She snapped back, "It's not hard enough!" at which point I told her to get her boss. While I waited I chatted with the TSA guys & they were fine with everything but as one of them said, the airline makes the rules. A very pleasant looking woman approached holding some papers & said their internal system wasn't current with what was on their website & said my luggage could be checked without any problem. She started to walk away but came back & said, "I'm just learning how to shoot. It's FUN!" Score one for the pro-gunners.

A few years ago I was flying Delta from Hartford to Portland & declared two handguns in my hard sided luggage. The newbie front counter guy had to get his supervisor & even before she reached me I could tell she was going to be a PIA by the look on her face. She printed off something from their dot-matrix printer & began arguing but I pointed out that the guns weren't required to be in locked cases because the luggage was hardsided. She snapped back, "It's not hard enough!" at which point I told her to get her boss. While I waited I chatted with the TSA guys & they were fine with everything but as one of them said, the airline makes the rules. A very pleasant looking woman approached holding some papers & said their internal system wasn't current with what was on their website & said my luggage could be checked without any problem. She started to walk away but came back & said, "I'm just learning how to shoot. It's FUN!" Score one for the pro-gunners.

My last trip, the two liberal kids with dreadlocks waved one of the two Cops (one with an AR) over after I told them I needed to declare a firearm in my luggage and asked for the paperwork. They sent me down to another counter which is when they flagged the cop over to their check station, 15 yards away. The two girls were watching me the whole time while waiting for the cop to get there (they were standing by the doors).

The cop didn't even look in my direction. He just listened to them for a second and went back to hang out with his partner. Neither of them seemed to be paying me any attention at all, I checked back regularly. I'm aware of my surroundings so I know the cops didn't seem to care at all, they were more being polite but thinking what the F are these morons concerned about here. I didn't actually see the girls wave the cop over but I noticed the girls behavior was strange and they were watching me like a hawk after I went to the other station, so I figured it must have been them telling the cop/waving him over and that was why he suddenly walked over. He was looking at them while they were talking but these two geniuses were watching me while they were taking to the cop.

Then the guy who carries the luggage slammed the case shut almost on my hand when i told him I needed to get the locks to lock it out of the case. This moron actually jumped and yelled "NOOOOO" while he put his hand on the lid and forced it shut. I got pissed at this point and told him to let off so I could get the locks out. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. these people often make poverty wages. Yes, even $15 an hour in this area is poverty...Sadly these imbeciles are breeding. And yes, when you're 40 YO and are making that little, you probably don't have a PhD....Let's not try to get into a debate about how everybody is equal. We are NOT all equal...:rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top