JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the LCP people complain about the long double action only trigger pull, strong muzzle flip and the trigger guard stinging your finger. I got my wife a Bersa Thunder 380 instead.

comparisonchart.jpg

comparisonchart.jpg

The long trigger pull is very easy to get down if you spend much time with handguns at all. It is an amazingly easy gun to conceal and shoot. Of course there is some snap, but it is worth it for something so concealable and easy to shoot. I don't know why you would want to, but after a few magazines you can easily make 25-40 yard shots. An absolutely great gun at a great price.

I have never fired a LCP but I have shot the Walther P380 as well as the Sig p238 and by far the best is the Sig. The trigger is not quite as nice as you get with a 1911 but its close with barely any travel before the break. Plus, if you shoot 1911's your already uses to how its safety works.
As far a finding 380, Locally here in Salem, its pretty scarce and even online its tough to find unless you want to pay a buck or more a shot for defense rounds.

I recently bought an lcp and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I did buy a hogue grip for it and it almost feels like a different gun with the new grip. I also plan on getting the RTK adjustable trigger for it down the road. And like stated above, I've found .380 at walmart a few times and luckygunner.com has it pretty regularly and I've found it on cabelas website now and again.

Curious who has one. Wondering how much snap the gun has. Seen videos already and done plenty of research. Also how hard is .380 ammo to find? Never looked for .380 before.

I have found .380 online and the aforementioned local outlets. Try to hook-up with somebody that has one and shoot it before deciding for yourself.

The LCP has been nice. It does have a long trigger pull on older models. I don't like the new model. Trigger pull is quicker and the front sight is more refined. I like the older model better. Ammo is sporadic. Its out there. I have plenty. You don't do a lot of plinking with this gun. Its a great pocket gun.

I have one NIB and have not fired it yet. I have other 380s and I handload. I would never use this caliber as a primary, the Beretta Nano is not much larger and can fire +P 9MM, a huge step up

For me .380 is for a 3rd BUG in my boot

The first rule in a gun-fight is have a gun. Having said that this is a hard gun to shoot, but very easy to carry. The wife doesn't mind carrying it, but hates shooting it.

As for ammo, since I reload I haven't looked for awhile.

recoil is manageable.. at least for me. one hand, minute of face groups at 7yds, palm sized two handed 7yd groups, keeping them all on a sheet of paper at 20yds 2 handed.. yes .380 sucks, but it is better than .32, .22, .25, or anything else like that thet they put in a 9 oz pocket gun.. (for when you cant get away with carrying a real gun..) I wouldnt have bought one, but got a chance to shoot a Friend's LCP, and i was sold.

A 9mm+P is without a doubt a better round than any .380, but the size of the gun is the clincher. I had a 9mm S&W Shield for about a week. The LCP is so small that it melts into a front pocket like a matchbook. For me, to go above the size of an LCP I would go to a full size 1911, G17 or S&W N-Frame. That is not at all to knock the Shield(or the Nano, with which I have no experience at all).

I can't say enough about the LCP. What really lends it legitimacy(besides the size) is bullet technology. Primers and propellants are for the most part unchanged. New(er), expanding projectiles are amazing.

A 9mm+P is without a doubt a better round than any .380, but the size of the gun is the clincher. I had a 9mm S&W Shield for about a week. The LCP is so small that it melts into a front pocket like a matchbook. For me, to go above the size of an LCP I would go to a full size 1911, G17 or S&W N-Frame. That is not at all to knock the Shield(or the Nano, with which I have no experience at all).

I can't say enough about the LCP. What really lends it legitimacy(besides the size) is bullet technology. Primers and propellants are for the most part unchanged. New(er), expanding projectiles are amazing.

I have a 9MM Nano and I would never carry the LCP in it's place (2nd BUG or swim trunks gun).. the size isn't that much greater for me VS the effectiveness

I have shot the LCP and would agree it is not the most comfortable gun to shoot with such a small frame. That being said, I can accurately shoot the gun, it can fit in my pocket and it is reliable. If I were buying a handgun to put rounds through I would look elsewhere, but if you are wanting a small easily concealed gun then I think it is a good choice.

I have a 9MM Nano and I would never carry the LCP in it's place (2nd BUG or swim trunks gun).. the size isn't that much greater for me VS the effectiveness

I have a Nano and carry it comfortably. It's a good shooter, as well.

I just picked up a LCP last weekend, but haven't shot it yet. It sure is cute, though :)