JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the Portland area. Want to see one in person to see how it works with my aimpoint comp m3. Thanks
They are not a clear as the Aimpoint, eotech, or an acog, but primary makes great stuff for the money. The sightmarks ones also are ok. I have the 7x, but from what I have read the 5x is much better glass. You do get what you pay for, but sightmarks/primary arms are not bad for shooting steel out two 200/400yrds. Only real down side to any of them is they do add a noticeable amount of weight to your rifle.

I had one along with a primary arms red-dot on my first AR. Was able to shoot 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Probably could have done way better. the dot covers about 4 inches at that range. Glass seemed perfectly acceptable to me. Mostly shot it on overcast days and was able to see clearly enough.

I liked mine up till the point I didn't like it anymore.

Got tired of all the 'bulk' that a 3X, flip-to-side, and red dot added, so sold that and got a fixed 3X scope

Having held the EO-tech and PA side to side, there's a benefit to the EO-tech but thats to be expected. The PA's magnifier is perfectly acceptable for about 90% of the shooting you'll ever do. The only time it ever became a problem for me was low-light coyote shooting.

My only real 'complaint' about the PA magnifier was that the magnifier offsets the red dot. When looking through the mag the dot does not appear centered. You can adjust it, but it will never get centered. It will appear slightly left, high, right, or whatever. Now that doesn't affect point-of-aim point-of-impact. It actually shifts the entire image so you still hit where the dot is every time. Just if you aren't expecting it the first few times it can be troubling.

TLDR; they're worth the money.

I ended up buying one on ebay that had a hassle free return. Figure I could look at it and see how it is. I know it's not an aimpoint magnifier but I wanted something cheaper for shorter shooting. I plan on buying a fixed scope in a few months anyways. More toys to play with is all.

have a PA Long Eye Relief , newest Gen and it function above its price point . The LER is the only way to go and has every bit of a forgiving eye box as the 500 dollar offerings. The only thing it doesn't do as good is collect light, and really it isn't darker than your bare eye at dusk or dawn.

A buddy at work has a PA magnifier, so does a buddy in Alaska. I've shot the one locally, liked it quite a bit. Both guys are very happy with their choices.

I sgree with the previous poster...PA stuff is hella good for the money.

I have a primary arms deluxe 3x in a primary arms flip to side Mount. I've been thinking about selling it. Pm me if you're interested, I can meet you in Aloha and you can see if you like it.

My only real 'complaint' about the PA magnifier was that the magnifier offsets the red dot. When looking through the mag the dot does not appear centered. You can adjust it, but it will never get centered. It will appear slightly left, high, right, or whatever. Now that doesn't affect point-of-aim point-of-impact. It actually shifts the entire image so you still hit where the dot is every time. Just if you aren't expecting it the first few times it can be troubling.

TLDR; they're worth the money.

I did not like the offset, ...POI is consistent with reticule once you get used to it. (mine is tandam with a 512.a65)

I very much like the rotational pivot mount.

woah, old thread. I tried the Primary Arms one but it didn't work for me. Ended up getting an Aimpoint with LaRue mount for cheap. I love it. Definitely can tell a difference.

not THAT old lol. only couple months.

I would go with a vortex VMX-3T which is actually what I plan on pairing with an EOTech on my AR build.

sure running an optic with a magnifier adds a little extra weight, but it's not that bad, and it gives the ability for quick close quarters engagement as well as the ability to engage a target out to 300-400yards which is something I require out of a S.H.T.F. rifle. I want it to cover most close to mid range threats.

should also mention: all magnifiers are going to cause a comet effect on a standard red dot sight. However: EOTech sights are not blurred or smudged like a comet when using them with a magnifier making them a much better sight to use if you plan on pairing a red dot with a magnifier.

Higher quality glass will reduce the comet effect, but it will still be there on a standard red dot. If you want to eliminate that you need a holographic sight like the EOTech.

Last Edited:
Yeah I see the comet effect sometimes. Never thought about the eotech. Figured aimpoint was easier because I have an aimpoint red dot and the LaRue mounts match up perfectly.

Shoot, my old Vortex Strikefire with just their screw-in doubler makes that dot look like Hale Bopp through a telescope. Hence the term "old". I don't use that for range plinking anymore.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top