JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I would like to try shooting a P3AT or LCP because we are thinking of buying a couple. Anyone on the Kitsap peninsula or nearby who would let us shoot their gun? I would provide ammo.

I don't know what your price range is. If it goes higher, I would consider trying a Kahr P380. Compared to the KelTec P3AT (that I eventually sold) the Kahr less felt recoil, has sights, and is much more accurate for me. Unlike the KelTec that I had to polish several times to get it to eject regularly, the Kahr worked right out of the box.

My opinion, your mileage may vary.

I'll try to look at one sometime but the price range is not that flexible. It's ~$300 or nothing.:winkkiss:

Also larger Kahrs that I have tried in the past didn't feel good in my hands and I didn't like the trigger pull on them. My wife dislikes the 9mm and .40 cal Kahrs we have tried because they are too heavy and thick for her needs.

As far as functioning goes. If I buy a KelTec and it doesn't work. The store or KelTec will make it right. I don't buy new things and then have to work on them to get them functioning correctly. I will have a functioning KelTec or my money back!

Yeah, I ended up just taking the leap and buying an LCP. It was only $280 when I bought it. :s0155: for Mary's Pistols in Tacoma. Great customer service and good prices.

Anyway, I'm loving how easy it is to carry. I have a wallet holster for it and it is nice to have a gun that I can carry pretty much effortlessly. I'll still be working on figuring out comfortably carrying a more effective gun, but for now it's nice to have something I can carry all the time without squirming and it digging into me and me wanting to take it off as soon as I get home.

So how do you and your wife like shooting that LCP?
my wife has a P3AT and although she doesn't enjoy shooting it, she can group all 6 shots in 5" at 7 yards centered on the target.

For some reason I consistently shoot low and right when I shoot it. I think that I must grip it tighter and her more relaxed grip allows it to do what it was designed to do when fired.
I have video of her shooting it and it's amazing how much it recoils and twists with each shot.

I like it well enough. It isn't fun to shoot but it is perfectly manageable and accurate enough for defense purposes. My wife hasn't shot it yet.

The great thing about this gun is that it is small enough to ride in a pocket all day while the PM40 and revolvers are not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top