JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are they any good? Search turned up zilch and I don't trust gun mag reviews.

If they're good, picking one up would be a fine center digit salute to Salem.
*For my fiance's pistol. Three guesses who'll be loading it. ;)

Last Edited:
I have one, to be honest, only reason I got it was because it was part of a sale with ammo included it and it made it half price at around $55. Otherwise I would have appreciated it, without owning it, and coupled two $8 mags together and called it good. I still have several mags coupled together and from a practical standpoint, I think that is superior, a single mag failure wouldn't make the entire contraption unusable, unlike the drum mag.

That being said. I've put less than 120 rounds through it, but didn't experience any issue. I wouldn't expect to anyway, in my experience, magpul products are designed to work. They engineered the hell out of it to make sure it worked, and if you want one, I wouldn't hesitate to own one. I would have no misgivings keeping it in an AR pistol in a defensive use. I think the only reason why these get such a poor review at times is solely because of the elevated price. I'd these were in the $20-30 dollar range, everyone would buy them and say they were the best, etc, but because you can easily buy 10+ 30 round p-mags for the same price as 1 60 round drum, it gives some buyers pause.

The slow loading is a real thing, but it's irrelevant, it doesn't take too long when you get the hang of it, and no one who owns scary black rifles have the ridiculous idea that they would somehow reload the thing from loose ammo in a time of need, that's what spare magazines are for for crying out loud. If someone bought this before already owning a plethora of reliable 30 round mags, I'd say they were making a mistake.

We have a couple of them. I haven't shot them a ton, but the times I have, they were 100% reliable. They are easier to load than most drums I've shot over the years, but still not quite as slick as a box magazine. All and all, I think they put out a solid product. :)

Brownell's has them for ninety something bucks I believe shipped.

I'm gonna' head over there a pick one up just on principle.

15627985768961485535046.jpg What's with all the non shooting owners?
I have 2 and I shoot the heck out of em.
Works flawless with a binary trigger..
60 Rounds in about 10 seconds.
I also have a x products x15 mag.
The x products is better only because the warranty, but both work flawless...for me

Easy to load, good price compared to the x products version, but you can get skeletonized drum mags from x products, cool factor is high.
But my buddy can load and shoot off 4-30 rnd pmags in the time it takes me to load one drum and shoot it.
But for capacity and carry factor and you just got the one mag, the magpul drum is way better than the surefire 60 rnd stick mag, looks and feels better too.

Good mags, I've run the 50 and 60 both. I crushed my X products mags in 200 ton press. Anti 2A ownership and non stop mistruths about anti 2A statement and positions...could never support, use or possess a product from them again.

I think it will be excellent loaded into the pistol for home defense. It's good for one use until there's time to reload it. Not practical for SD situations after one mag dump and 30's are easy to carry.

But like I said, it's a middle finger salute to Salem. It goes with the pistol I'm assembling for my fiance.
It's part of the gift. Romantic, huh? :p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top