JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No experience with Henry's all weather.

But…

I've seen chrome plating sit in Oregon weather. Everything around it rusts but not the parts that where chrome plated.

Hell, I've see chrome plated stuff rust from the other side. IE chrome plated exhaust was rusting from the inside out. Outside looked fine.

Id be curious if the chrome plate the bores.

With plastic furniture that came on my Big Boy X, I wouldn't have concerns about moisture. If I were to take it out in the weather, I'd make sure the metal components had some protection, with whatever lube product you prefer before heading out, and then do your best to get it dried out well inside, and wiped down/re-oiled up shortly upon finishing up when you were done. Don't forget about the threads under the thread protector on the barrel.

I'm not certain, but believe Henry's all weather gun is plated (nickel?) rather than stainless with a laminate stock. Ruger's revival of Marlin products looks to include stainless, so that would be where I would look for something to have out in the weather to make it a bit easier. But just because it's stainless, I wouldn't equate that to not taking some maintenance precautions for moisture, and needing to get it well dried out inside after a good soaking. Not sure whether all the internal steel parts are stainless, and what grade the stainless is.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads