Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone have a handle on the consensus in Congress?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Quackerbacker, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Quackerbacker

Quackerbacker Springfield, OR Active Member

I know that according to "news" sources (political propaganda wings more like it) that several Republicans have switched sides to indicate they are ready to vote for another Scary Looking Gun™ bill. So far i've only read one specific name though.

Feinsteins bill as far as i understand it:

Same as the Clinton ban except:
    4-5 times the number of specifically banned firearms.
    Prohibition of face to face transactions and gun shows (what about ftf deals assisted by an ffl?)
    Registration of all privately owned firearms.

One pundit suggested her bill might not fly but that "some other" version may be passed.

Lots of conjecture and guesswork as far as I can tell.

2. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

In California, you can certainly post a for sale ad and find a buyer for your gun. You just have to go to an FFL to do the actual handover of cash for gun. The FFL does a background check, etc. And of course, someone has to pay the FFL whatever fee he charges and the state background check fee.

3. Quackerbacker

Quackerbacker Springfield, OR Active Member

That's what i was thinking raindog. My concern is that ftf deals on the firearms on the prohibited list will be excepted and you are either stuck with what you have, unable to sell or trade, or possibly a second option of some sort of buyback deal. I have no information to suggest this is the case though.

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

IF there is firearms registration then there can be NO FTF sales. Does not work that way.

Also there is no such thing as "FFL" assisted. If it goes though an FFL it is not an FTF even if it is your gun.

5. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Not just a concern, that is indeed the proposal.

So you would be able to keep a registered "assault weapon" but would not be able to transfer (sell or gift) it. When you die it would be surrendered for destruction. The California "assault weapon" ban bars transfer of registered "assault weapons" within California, even to family members or heirs. If the original owner dies or wants to dispose of a registered California "assault weapon", they have to sell it out of state, convert it to a non-"assault weapon" configuration, or destroy it. Feinstein's bill would be Federal (national) law so you wouldn't have the option of selling it out of state. The law has broader definitions of what is an "assault weapon" so it would be difficult or impossible to make it a non-"assault weapon". So the only alternative is destruction or rendering it permanently inoperable and therefore no longer a firearm.

6. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

So gift your AR right now to the youngest eligible member of your clan and register it in their name. Tell them they get it when you die.

7. Nwcid

Then you would not be able to have possession of it at any time or you would be in possession of an unregistered item............

8. foomanchu

foomanchu Milwaukie, OR Member

Or don't register them.

9. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Then you would be in violation of the (proposed) law. You would probably avoid arrest if you kept your unregistered "assault weapon" hidden and never brought it out to shoot, but then what would be the point in having it? But if for some reason your possession of an unregistered "assault weapon" came to the attention of law enforcement you would be in serious trouble.

Hopefully the law won't get passed, or if it is passed it would get challenged and be declared unconstitutional.

10. foomanchu

foomanchu Milwaukie, OR Member

I understand this, however I still would not register them. But I don't have any "assault weapons" anymore so it wouldn't matter!

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Nwcid

Freedom does not always come easy does it..............

12. beavernation

beavernation Canby Active Member

Dang those canoes are really unstable!.....I lost all my assault weapons when I capsized my canoe last year in a terrible accident. Sorry Mr. ATF agent that's all I can tell ya, hey do ya like my new garden, I just started it!.....I will take my chances. At some point you gotta draw a line in the sand, mines here!....

13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Consensus: We are going to be sold out by those who promised us they never would. Federal politics is all sewn up by an elite, shadowy conspiracy that has an awful, genocidal end game that the Founders were aware of, this is why we had the 2nd Amendment, RIP

You see the power behind King George (usury banksters) is the same power operating now.. fiendstein and schumer are part of it

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Blitzkrieg

OK, all jokes aside, never cache on your own property. Pick a site that will not be disturbed, that is unlikely for treasure seekers to use a metal detector, and where use of a metal detector is difficult

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  15. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

dang ol' canoes... eventually they'll be illegal, due to all the accidents that occur with them :)

revmedia and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Blitzkrieg

I never registered mine in commiefornia and somehow I survived

17. Blitzkrieg

I never registered mine in commiefornia and somehow I survived. Once you give up your guns you are finished and you are a slave, cattle that can be slaughtered at the will or whim of your masters

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Blitzkrieg

This was one of my relations. Thankfully I do not favor his looks :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/MacGregor-Tri...=1-1&keywords=nigel+tranter+macgregor+trilogy

We were banned, outlawed and became cattle barons and land pirates.. 6 MacGregor heads could be brought in , babes, women, old folks, to absolve a man from a murder charge. Rob Roy and Clan MacGregor. Gun bans? We were proscribed by the english crown from having more than a small blunt ended knife to cut our meat. We went about wearing pistols, swords, dirks and shields (targes) and did our own thing. Go to hell, you gun banners, and it will be none too soon :thumbup:

19. Blitzkrieg

One of our Founders speaks to you from the grave

20. revmedia

revmedia Dallas Member

Probably more canoe related deaths per year than spree shooters actually. It's an epidemic!