JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was suppose to meet 3 different people down there at the Fourth Plain store for transfers. They didn't have a single customer in there and wouldn't help us cause we didn't have an appointment.
bought a new gun a few weeks ago...
Holidays, weekends, etc.... 11 business days pass and I call to see the status.

Was told that their license or whatever with Clark County had lapsed and the Sheriffs office was not processing BGCs until they reapplied.

Tropics said it would be another week.

I called the county and they said it was more like 2-3weeks before Tropics' application was approved, not to mention however long it took them to process the actual 4473s

WTF... no call or anything. Theyre just going to let it go 2 months before I get my gun?

Thankfully they offered to refund my transfer fee and deliver the gun to another FFL in town so I can get taken care of.

Give them a call and raise a little hell and see if you can get your transfer done elsewhere, I used Americas Pawn on Mill Plain by 205. Their fee is $35 (cash)

The people at Tropics blamed the county and said that other shops have had the same issue.... any of you guys have a gun stuck at an FFL because of this?
Same here met someone who drove an hour and half to do a transfer , their choice to meet there . Both of us are 1/2 hour early they tell him no appt / no trans. They did volunteer they had no one coming in but they just stood around doing nothing , it felt more like bad employees not sure

Same here met someone who drove an hour and half to do a transfer , their choice to meet there . Both of us are 1/2 hour early they tell him no appt / no trans. They did volunteer they had no one coming in but they just stood around doing nothing , it felt more like bad employees not sure
Now that Americas Pawn is doing them same price without appointment & is reasonable distance away... I can see Tropics losing a bit of business.

I appreciate that that took care of me, but only after I raised the concern and complained.
The appointment thing always chaffed me, esp being a long time customer before that policy went into effect

The same thing with regarding Clark County not approving an ffls license renewal and not processing transfers happened to my dealer's ffl about three weeks ago. He had two of my guns in the process which Clark County wouldn't approve. It took a full 3 weeks and he just got his renewal from Clark County.
During the meantime he transferred my guns to a ffl dealer in battle ground for me and I got my guns.

Been waiting over a month, even called 4 days ago to check in and was told nothing about the issues going on. I will be stopping by there tomorrow.

Another perfect example of why this place should never get any of our business. Just think how much revenue they made over the last year at 35 a pop, and then to have the nerve to pull the shaddy thing they did. Wait they are still willing to take your Clark county transfer knowing that don't have their WA permit renewed. Called them Friday and they made no mention of it. Send a message and don't ever use these clowns.

I bought a bolt action rifle in Vancouver 2 weeks ago. Tropics turned us down on transfer for no appointment. Went to R W Pawn, $20 transfer and out the door with rifle 1/2 hr.
Problem with RW pawn they will not hold the handgun for the buyer until the background check clears. Does Fin and Feather or American
Pawn hold the handgun?:rolleyes:
We have never implied this was county's fault; The blame is entirely my fault (Dan). Several gun shops in the Vancouver area have let their Washington dealer's license lapse and they will continue background checks once it's reinstated. No "hell" has to be raised, I have made arrangements with Brass Tacks Munitions to accept transfers from us and we will issue a full refund of any money collected from us. I had no idea it would take so long to resolve this issue. If I had, we would have stopped scheduling transfers until it was resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience I have caused in the delay of your firearms purchase.
I have done about a dozen transfers from Tropics. o_O I have also dealt with Dan a couple times.:( Not a good experience.
Will not be disappointed to see them go out of business. o_O

Problem with RW pawn they will not hold the handgun for the buyer until the background check clears. Does Fin and Feather or American
Pawn hold the handgun?:rolleyes:

I have done about a dozen transfers from Tropics. o_O I have also dealt with Dan a couple times.:( Not a good experience.
Will not be disappointed to see them go out of business. o_O
Americas pawn used to NOT hold... But theyve changed the policy..

They WILL HOLD now. Fee is same as Tropics

You have to remember that a transfer to an FFL is something that some of them hate. The reason why is that they get a set fee. What they really want is to order you the gun and apply their profit margin in on the deal. In other words charge you retail and not the set fee. I know of one local gun shop that charges $100.00 to do a transfer just because it cuts them out of the profit from the sale. Amazing enough they still get people who do transfers there.
I guess they want to sit there and look at each other all day. Reality is that if they do the transfer for say $25.00 they gain money they did not have, and the buyer probably will buy ammo (if they have any) and accessories for their new toy. You are really dealing with Pride of owning a FFL. There are lots of great FFL's out there. Make sure you get a receipt for the sales tax they collect or that goes in their front pocket. I've seen that happen as well. (Washington State)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top