JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found a 3" Bridgeport lnib. With 6 gr of unique, 5gr of 700x or 5 of 231 OT is quite sporty but shoots to point of aim with .431 240 gr lswc. Now, smaller .429 gold dots will yaw past 7 yards. Although some sniff at 44 special ballistics, but they sure wouldn't volunteer to stand in front of one,,,.

Not a Charter Arms, but I have a S&W 696. It is a very similar 5 shot 44 SPC. I've found the recoil and blast to be very mild and accuracy to be very good with my reloads, but I've never fired SD rounds through it. I was shooting 245gr Keith style SWC at about 550fps.

Last Edited:
I've owned a Bulldog 2.5" for several years now. I worked up a few different hand loads using Matt's 250 grain cast lead hollowpoint over Blue Dot, 800-X and SR-4759. At 800 fps the Blue Dot load was quite stout with a lot of burnt powder grains left behind. I backed that load down around 760 fps and it feels a lot milder. The 800-X load is just under 700 fps and quite mild to shoot. From the 20 ounce Bulldog the kick feels less than my 14 ounce -642 with 158 gr. RNL factory loads.

I like the Bulldog but don't carry it much because the Smith J-frame is substantially lighter, slightly smaller, and with decent loads, adequate for the mission.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top