JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I should get another J-frame but, what I want is another K-frame. Specifically a model 65 with a 3" barrel. I love K-frames. I want to know if I can get a shorter barreled one to work instead of a J-frame. With the exception of pocket carry, it seems doable? If I'm going to conceal a K it may as well be a .357. I'd prefer a 2" to 2-1/2" but, I've never seen a fixed sight, stainless, .357, with shorter than a 3".

Here are my questions:

1. Do you CC yours?
In particular IWB, say maybe in the summer?

2. Also, I know this is going to sound kinda weird but...
If you live in the Van/PDX area could I take a look at it. I'd like to handle one (not shoot) to see if it will work for me.

I had one, and I cc'd it all the time. I sold it (like a moron) because I couldn't use the same holster for my 2 1/2" m19, I have both an IWB and a Simply Rugged OWB and really didn't see the need for 4 holsters for two guns and I just like the m19 better. I must say, however, that in the summer I usually opt for my m36.

sun195, I'm not to concerned with pocket carry. I like a belt holster.
Weight's not really an issue. I like steel guns, a good belt and holster manage weight just fine. Steel is much nicer to shoot than the alloy varieties.
For me, the thing about a 3" barrel is... If I'm going to go bigger than 'snub' I might as well make it a 6 shot.

Anyway, now that I've posted a bunch of nonsense, I can see that a 2" J-frame is what I need.

Thanks

titsonritz, I agree. My first duty handgun was a model 10. I had a sweet model 19 for a while too. I love K-frames.
Sometimes I wish the L-frame hadn't replaced them. Then I think maybe it's a mercy that we don't have to witness them suffer the indignity of those detestable locks.

orygun, if only we could have back the ones we should'nt have let go.

Maybe, after I've secured a J-frame, I can save up for a 3" 65.
That could be...my wifes...uh...trail gun...yeah, that's it 'her trail gun'.
That's a great idea, I'm so romantic!

orygun, if only we could have back the ones we should'nt have let go.

Maybe, after I've secured a J-frame, I can save up for a 3" 65.
That could be...my wifes...uh...trail gun...yeah, that's it 'her trail gun'.
That's a great idea, I'm so romantic!

That's ironic. The 65 was my ex-wife's gun. I was trying to get her into shooting and that's what I came up with at the time. I think it left before she did. Too bad. (the gun, that is!):s0114:

Nevermind, we finally got my (deceased) fathers safe open. It had a virtually unfired 1950 Colt Detective Special. I knew he had a snub a long time ago but, never saw it though, thought he lost it years ago.
My brother already has both the rifles and the shotgun. He thinks this is funny looking and surely inaccurate. So it is mine!
I'd be surprised if it's seen an entire box of shells. It's perfect, no box though. And I'm going to carry it, and shoot it, and enjoy it!

I carried a 4" m-10HB and a 4"m-65, both square butt in a Safariland lined high rise thumb-break holster on my right hip for about a decade I absolutely loved the M-10 and the M-65 would have become a favorite as well but I was forced to switch to a Glock
I think a 3" would be perfect

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads