Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

anyone have a 1911 around the 600 range?

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by njames, Nov 17, 2012.

1. njames

njames medford,or Member

Currently in the market for my first one, and i figured going used i may find a better quality pistol. So if any has one or a good recommendation as to where the best place to acquire one is, i would greatly appreciate it.

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

You can buy a Citadell or a Rock Island 1911 new for that much.Your local shops must have one or the other.

3. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

The ria pistols have been getting great reviews. Good pistol for a decent price.

4. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

Yes, the Rock Island Armory (RIA) are an excellent value. Excellent reviews, excellent customer service and a great price.

5. njames

njames medford,or Member

Ya I'm highly considering the RIA. It's cost effective and easy to costumize which is something I want to do to learn more about 1911's.

6. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If I was looking for a 1911 in that price range and was considering a new one, I'd buy another Ruger SR1911. I believe you can't beat that gun in that price range.

7. njames

njames medford,or Member

I actually got extremely lucky and picked up the ruger yesterday! Its a truely beautiful gun, and cant beat the price tag either