Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone have a 14mm-1.0 LH ak barrel Die to loan or sell/trade?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by arjunki, Dec 22, 2010.

1. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

I need one to do some AK pistol barrel work. Would much appreciate it!
    Ron.

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I just checked looked in my parts and gun specific tools bin and can't find it. My guess is that one of my buddies borrowed it - my go and no go gauges are gone too. If I come across it any time soon I'll let you know. - Fair warning I've seen more than one die fail when threading barrels. Make sure that the barrel has been turned down to the proper size when you go to thread it.

3. arjunki

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Thanks Swedish. I'll definitely be turning it down to the right diameter. Not just to fit everything but I have a short section of shallow pitting I need to trim away. :thumbup:

4. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

If the barrel is off the gun you could take it to a machine shop and have them single point the threads on a manual lathe......just a thought/ another option

5. WCTLEGUNSMITH

WCTLEGUNSMITH Bellevue, WA USA New Member

Check out ebay- i just got two from a seller there. You could bring your stuff down to Bellevue, and i can get it done for you. IM/email me to let me know. I also can single point cut it on my lathe if you want.

6. arjunki

Thannx 4 all the reply's guys, I just took it to a smith.