JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's 10/30/16. I was putting together a lower today and damned if the pivot pin detent didn't go flying off into space in spite of my using an install tool. And of course every shop in the metro area is closed.

Anyone got a spare detent semi-near Tigard? Shoot me a text at Five Oh Three 330- two nine six eight. Thanks!!!

I've made my own out of an aluminum knitting needle, a drill bit and a piece of brass rod that I had laying around my work bench.
The aluminum knitting needle was the easiest to work with.

Last time I built an AR I slipped putting that damn thing in and it shot out like a rocket straight into my mouth!
Caught it in my lips thank God.

I hate those pins!
Order extra always!
And buy or make that little tool to install them:

I use the pin itself with the lower on its side and just compress the detent down in the pin slot and push the pin in. Viola, no tools or lost pins. That being said, I have in the past lost one trying the razor blade trick and luckily found it!

I drape a blanket over my head and use a headlamp to see. On the sparse occassion that the spring or detent does get away, it doesn't get very far.

I've also used a strong magnet to my tactical advantage when doing these installs. ;)

My wife's the one who knits and she grudgingly gave me a set to use.
Those little aluminum needles actually do come in handy for all sorts of projects.

I will never know how nice a pair of her custom socks will feel on my feet, as I once cracked a joke in front of her relatives that her first pair would only fit left feet.

I will never know how nice a pair of her custom socks will feel on my feet, as I once cracked a joke in front of her relatives that her first pair would only fit left feet.

That would cause one to walk around in circles.... :D

Can't control it man, it just shoots where it wants.

This is getting weird.

My work here is done!! ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top