JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My girlfriend and I are going to attend in Redmond, Ore on the 14th and 15th. She is very new to shooting and I can always use some more training and it should be a great history lesson too!! We are pullin the teardrop over and gonna camp in Central Oregon for the week following, anybody have any insight on the Post/Paulina area recreation opportunities??........"Aim small, miss small"..

I was at the range last weekend and i saw two signs posted at the fork ash lake rd/blue lake rd and at the entrance"range closed Aug. 1" curious if this will effect the event?

I just sent an e-mail to the Appleseed folks to get us some 411 on the range closure issues. I'd hate to get up there to find that we've been shut out.

I just got this e-mail from the pres. of the Cascade Sportsman's Club. Looks like the event might be a no-go. I can't imagine the Appleseed folks pulling together an alternate site on such short notice.

Jeff,

This is WD, Vikki's husband and the president of the Cascade Sportsman's Club. The Blue lake Range is being closed August 1st, it will be gated and locked. This is permenent, the range will not be reopened.

I do not know what plans the Apple Seed group has, you will have to contact on of thier people.

W.D.Truitt

Damn. I was really looking forward to it. I posted the content of the e-mail on the Appleseed forum. We'll see what happens.

Here's the reply I received from the Appleseed Rep:

Brian,

I am working on the situation with the Blue Lake Pit Range. I am in contact with the WA State DNR and Skamania County to see if we can have our shoot. There is another instructor who is working with me on a contingency plan to secure another range in the area if Stevenson falls through.

Please be patient. I will keep everyone posted as I get more information. This situation came to my attention earlier this week and we are busy working on resolving it.

Regards,

George

*UPDATE 7/22/12*

This is from the Appleseed forum:

07-22-2012 Update

Things are not looking good for the event to be held at the Blue Lake Pit Range. Washington Dept. of Natural Resources told me to call Skamania County engineering. Skamania County engineering isn't returning my calls.

So we are working on plan B - hold the shoot at the same time, but at a different location. Currently we are talking with the owner of the "Woodstock Range" (located in Castle Rock, WA) to hold the event there. We need to get the paperwork filled out then we will notify the shooters of the change in venue. To get Woodstock back online we will need to have a range clean-up day before the weekend of August 4-5.

I will keep you posted as I find out more information. Thank you for your patience.

- ShadowMan (NW Region Promo Guy)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads