JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the market for a scope to get me by till I can afford a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T. I was pretty set on the Millett LRS but have heard mixed reviews. It seems like most of the negative reviews seemed to happen when the model first came out. As we all know, your always more likely to hear negatives than positives. Wondering if anyone has had experience w/ Milletts that are within a year old? It will be on a custom .300 Win Mag, the rifle weighs 11lbs. with a 24" hunting profile barrel on it, soon to be much more w/ a 28" heavy barrel with a brake tacked onto that.

I have a TRS-1 that I purchased about a year ago. So far I like it for the money. It has worked well on my Rem 700. I know there are a few reviews and they all seemed good and that is why I purchased mine. I was going to buy another for a 308 AR but sold the rifle. Good luck with your purchase.

:s0155:I have a Millet 5x25x56 on a 300winmag. and love it. I had purchased a 4x12from Natchez and the scope woould not zero. I could not get it within 3" left windage no matter what I did...I sent it back in to Millet and in two weeks time there was a package on my front porch with the new scope in it and A note saying my 4x12 model was out of production and this was a replacement......:s0155:

take a look at the vortex viper scopes. I grabbed one a while back for my wife's hunting rifle and I like it a lot. Its 6-24x with target turrets and side adjust parallax. They were closing them out for $250 so I couldn't pass it up. Great scope for the money. I only wish I could have gotten a mil-dot for ranging, but for $250 I will not complain. But it looks like they are back up to $399 :( . Still, at $399 its not a bad deal at all.

Wanted a new scope and researched everything! Was sold on Trijicon, and have leupold & Kahles etc.. Found a dealer where I could sight a Leupold, A Trijicon 3.5 x-10, & ACOG, and a millette all at the same target. The millette was a 1-4 X 24 with the 30mm tube.. It blew the others away for clarity, and I liked the retical better... Thought this can't be right so left it and went did some more reviews... 3 weeks later went back & compared again. One day was bright & one more overcast. The higher power magnification was not enough to swing me over the clarity of the millette at 1/3rd the price! (Did this at "Sharp Shooting" in Spokane.)

Bought the Millette and happy so far.... need to test it some more for absolute hold of zero... but to me well worth the low two hundreds.

The only other optics I saw that impressed me for the money was the new low end ZEISS 3-9, but it didn't have a lit reticle. These can be seen at wholesale sports.
Take a good look at the Millette.
A1

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR