JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Move to Spearfish?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay and put up with Gov Tina Kotek’s Bubblegum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Wife has a job interview in Spearfish and it looks like a real nice place. I like the governor and the legislature seems great. I've passed through briefly on my way to MN to visit the in-laws but never spent time there. We are heading out in April for the interview and to scope out the area (Black Hills) but looking to see if anyone has any experience with the area. I can only learn so much from YouTube videos.

Oh and Kristi Noem…. JeremiahJohnsonnodding.gif

Last Edited:
Wife has a job interview in Spearfish and it looks like a real nice place. I like the governor and the legislature seems great. I've passed through briefly on my way to MN to visit the in-laws but never spent time there. We are heading out in April for the interview and to scope out the area (Black Hills) but looking to see if anyone has any experience with the area. I can only learn so much from YouTube videos.

Oh and Kristi Noem…. JeremiahJohnsonnodding.gif
Man, if you can take the cold, looks like a wonderful place. Beautiful, close to trees/mountains. Gun range close too! Look at homes for sale and it's like everywhere else. Depressing. Looks like if you have $500,000.00+ there's some new construction though.

Here's something to consider if you love the outdoors.
I never knew this.
In South Dakota...
What percentage of South Dakota is federal land?

5.41 percent

Federal land is managed for many purposes, such as the conservation and development of natural resources, grazing and recreation. The federal government owns 5.41 percent of South Dakota's total land, 2,646,241 acres out of 48,881,920 total acres.

In Oregon...
The federal government owns 53.03 percent of Oregon's total land, 32,665,430 acres out of 61,598,720 total acres.

Here's something to consider if you love the outdoors.
I never knew this.
In South Dakota...
What percentage of South Dakota is federal land?

5.41 percent

Federal land is managed for many purposes, such as the conservation and development of natural resources, grazing and recreation. The federal government owns 5.41 percent of South Dakota's total land, 2,646,241 acres out of 48,881,920 total acres.

In Oregon...
The federal government owns 53.03 percent of Oregon's total land, 32,665,430 acres out of 61,598,720 total acres.
That's pretty interesting. However, I'm all about limited Government...

Never been but I have family there on my Grandmas side ( they got a county named after them ) I been seriously thinking of moving. I have checked online at some places from Huron and Aberdeen as well as a place at clear lake that is spitting distance from the water.. but may be one of those cant get here from here things..

housing prices are waaaaay better then they are here in oregon.. my budget.. whish is not much.. can get me a ratty trailer in a ratty trailer park, and there i can get a 3 bed/2 bath house.. of course i have no idea about the neighborhood, may be the hood for all i know.

I recommend renting for a year or two, find out if you even like it, or can handle the weather! The other side is the housing/economy bubble is just about to pop, so it might be a good time to hold and ride the wave, that half million dollar property might come up for less then half as folks end up way upside down! Places in Colorado are already peaking, up almost 100% from just 10 years ago, great if your selling sucks if your buying, but if you wait, there will be tons of awesome deals to be had! Spearfish is kinda cool, but haven't spent enough time there to really get the feel, so I'm not much help with opinions of it! Beautiful country in the late spring and summer, but like my place in Colorado, winters come early and the snows get deep and stay for 5 or 6 months!

We moved to sioux falls last April. Had never been here before, except a week in 2019 to meet a real estate agent and check the place out a little. Bought the house with only a video walk through and didn't see for the first time in person until the day we arrived.

I wanted to move here for my kids, and because the gov didn't back down to the criticism for not following the covid bs. She had the biggest balls of any governor in the country. Kids are in school full time, they never shut down. School policy for covid is "masks recommended". Going out in public and most people aren't wearing them, some are. Everybody minds their own damn business and you don't feel judged. Majority of masks are worn by employees at big national chains. Random strangers are the nicest people.

Almost a year later and we absolutely love it here. Kids are happy, wife is happy, dogs happy. Everybody we've met is like minded. I've lived in a few places and never seen so many American flags flying daily. Warms my heart just driving around town. Most amazing sunrises I've ever seen.

Mild winter this year, but it can be cold. Windy. Flat. -30 F with wind chill last week. Warned up to 7 today though. If you can live with that, then it's a great place.

Constitutional carry, but ccw are available for reciprocity. $2.97 for gas last Saturday. No income tax (no biggie if coming from WA). I could go on, but I'll stop now.

The ONLY thing I miss is being an hour from the ocean.

1943 – Chinook winds during the early morning hours caused the temperature at Spearfish South Dakota to rise from 4 below zero to 45 above in just two minutes, the most dramatic temperature rise in world weather records. An hour and a half later, the mercury plunged from 54 above to 4 below zero in twenty-seven minutes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top