JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious how the "SportsConnection" run gun shows in eastern WA and ID/MT are? I was going to be in Pasco this weekend on other business, and noticed there was one being held (KART Center or something like that).

I went with my father, who was telling me about this pump 22 he had as a kid. The most accurate gun he's ever shot, he said. Not even 10 minutes later, we find the same gun at this show, with the optional scope! I could tell he was fighting the urge to buy it, but eventually couldn't justify buying a second one when he already had one. It was considerably more expensive than any other 22 I have seen at a show.

Wenis said:
who was telling me about this pump 22 he had as a kid.

He wouldn't be talking about a Winchester 1906 "Gallery Gun" would he? My dad also got one of those as a kid, hand me down from an uncle. It is hanging on a header board in the shop/garage building of his over the work bench and tools, on nails, next to my vintage 1974 Daisy Red Rider. Oddly enough, the Red Ryder looks much more dangerous than the Winchester; it's a very small, smiple, yet very elegant gun. Last show in W Wa we saw them at a WHILE back, they were hitting like $1500 each for nice ones, even much more. We were stunned.

I did not get to go to the sow, though I literally drove right past the sandwich-board sign for it off Road 68. This morning I came out of the hotel to find a flat tire on the truck - and that was a serious two and 1/2 hour hassle I did not need. I had a patch kit and pump, of course, but the bead was off so I was hosed. I put the spare on, but I still had to get the original repaired as I could not haul horses back 200 miles with no spare tire for my tow vehicle. Arrgh - there went the extra time I had for the gun show.

Dang it was hot out there today - us "Wet siders" were frakkin' melting... God I love eastern WA, but when I move out there it is going to have to be in the norther highlands where it is cooler in the summer.

He was leaning toward a Winchester, most likely a 62, but there is a remington that is quite similar as well. Thanks for the link, I'm passing it on to my father so he can identify it. The one we saw at the show had a patch job on the wood stock so it was marked down because if it, but still in nice condition.

My ex father-in-law, now deceased, gave me that gun. It was old. I'll have to ask my son for the serial number, now that I'm curious. It was definitely pre-war Win 62 but that's all I know. It's in beautiful shape and was very dependable and accurate.

I gave it to my son for two reasons. First, it was his grandpa's - his mom's dad's. Second, it was the first gun my son ever shot - I taught him to shoot with it. He joined the National Guard and qualified expert with both rifle and pistol and got medals for it.

I broke down and went to the show late on Sunday just before they started packing up. I wasn't impressed. Saw some fair prices on a few new Taurus pistols. Lot of inflated prices on other guns, I know you can bargain, but some really heavy prices that even bargaining wouldn't help. Time rolls on, and better days are ahead. Spad

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top