Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Anyone fished Rock Lake in Eastern WA?

PNWguy

Reactions
I've heard all sorts of tall tales of excessive rattlesnakes, boat destroying underwater hazards, ghost stories, and monster trout.

It's not too bad of a drive for me and thought about taking my little pontoon boat up to check it out.

rock-lake-whitman-c-web1.jpg

Flymph

Reactions
No, but if it's anything like williams you'd do well with worm and corn... :D Stop by Swede's fly shop and see Allan, he'll get you into fish.

Reactions
I've fished it many times, but its dangerous. There are boat killers along the shore and weather gets nasty in a hurry with the wind whipping through those canyons. The boat launch is pretty sketchy too. I do think that the urban legends about that lake are probably slightly exaggerated.

The positive is there are massive silvers and browns in there. Caught a few smallmouth but nothing spectacular. I've had the best luck in November and December. I've limited out on 4-5lb silvers in an hour.;)

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent
  • All That Glitters - Milwaukie
    5.00 star(s)
    Whenever I am in the area, I like to drop in to see what they have. Not a super big store, but...
    • trekkerpaul

Staff online