JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Really curious about this gun. Anyone have opinions? As an AR guy there are things that I don't think I could trade away to get an AK. Mainly having a top rail space for optics and the ability to open it up/split it in half to easily to access the internals. The M10X retains both of those things but still has an AK allure to it. It also is MLok accessory compatible, has an ambidextrous safety and an adjustable gas system.

M10X™ with Zhukov-S™ Folding Stock

719014678_2.jpg

I guess it comes down to caliber and magazine preference?

If you prefer 5.56/AR magazines. I know of a few AK/AR hybrids that should meet your requirements.
Looking for 7.62x39 particularly. Originally wanted a .308win but with a 6.5 creedmoor ba gun I have something to entertain any long distance needs I might have. I like that its threaded to accept most muzzle brakes and flash hides so I can eventually put a QD for my suppressor (when its out of jail).

It was the main dealbreaker. Is that an arsenal? What's the aftermarket rail?
One is an arsenal, the other is a wasr. The rails are made by zenitco, but cost a pretty penny. They're made in Russia and do get used by the alpha group (special forces).

However, there are other alternatives like TWS dogleg, chaos titan rail, etc.

One is an arsenal, the other is a wasr. The rails are made by zenitco, but cost a pretty penny. They're made in Russia and do get used by the alpha group (special forces).

However, there are other alternatives like TWS dogleg, chaos titan rail, etc.
Very nice. I guess my interest in the m10x was part laziness by sticking with what's familiar to me but getting to dabble in a new caliber to me and break out of the AR mold.

Aside from the safety and adjustable stock you don't keep much similar to the AR.

Latter is solvable by aftermarket for AKs, former is not. That being said the M10x would be a decent rifle for the price and probably run you less than what an AK and aftermarket mods. Plus left side charging handle is nice.

Aside from the safety and adjustable stock you don't keep much similar to the AR.

Latter is solvable by aftermarket for AKs, former is not. That being said the M10x would be a decent rifle for the price and probably run you less than what an AK and aftermarket mods. Plus left side charging handle is nice.
I was hoping for a chrome lined barrel but I really don't think I'll put the round count through it to wear out the barrel anyways

The M10X is nitrided, but that shouldn't be an issue. Most of the ammo available should be non-corrossive. 7.62x39 tends to have a longer barrel life anyways.

If chrome is a must and you are set on 7.62x39 then I'd recommend an AR in that round with CL barrel or an imported AK (Yugos/Serbians being the exception).

Otherwise, the M10X doesn't look like a bad rifle. I'd try it if it was something that if I was in the market for a rifle in 7.62x39 that isn't an AK. Of course there are those with the rifle who can comment on it better.

I have about 700 rounds through my Zhukov version M10x. I'm happy with it so far. It's at least 7.5# naked, balances well when firing, and recoil is a smooth push. The top rail is nice, but I have not decided on what optic to dedicate to it. I have a 3x Nikon p223 on top for now, in Warne medium Q.D. rings. I am pleased with the accuracy, as it seems to match what internet reviews show. The handguard does get very warm with even moderate volume fire so I installed Troy Squid Grips for M-lok. The rifle runs fine with most ammo, but I did have some weak Wolf from a spam can on a hot day that failed to cycle fully a couple of times and created a nasty malfunction with the spent case and a new round trying to occupy the same space. I have been using Golden Tiger and Tula without issue. I have seen a small bit of peening on the edge of the carrier channel where the bolt rides, but I'm considering it break-in wear, and I grease the channel now. I put a snap cap in for function testing after cleaning, as there are heavy dry fire firing pin breakages reported and a warning in the manual. The reversible charging handle is nice, but it can slam your thumb if you are gripping the mag while firing, and not careful. The rail height is about .4" higher than an AR, and charging handle clearance is a consideration with optics and mount selection. If you mount an optic in AR height rings, which will be about 3" above bore, a Zhukov cheek riser is probably necessary. I used MBUS sights at first, and felt they were slightly high without a riser, but there are options: CZ scorpion sights or Troy Micro sights. A Trijicon TA-50, 3x24 mini ACOG for 7.62x39 would be a nice fit, and would not interfere with the charging handle if it were on either side. Aside from the minor issues, overall, it's been very nice to shoot.

I have about 700 rounds through my Zhukov version M10x. I'm happy with it so far. It's at least 7.5# naked, balances well when firing, and recoil is a smooth push. The top rail is nice, but I have not decided on what optic to dedicate to it. I have a 3x Nikon p223 on top for now, in Warne medium Q.D. rings. I am pleased with the accuracy, as it seems to match what internet reviews show. The handguard does get very warm with even moderate volume fire so I installed Troy Squid Grips for M-lok. The rifle runs fine with most ammo, but I did have some weak Wolf from a spam can on a hot day that failed to cycle fully a couple of times and created a nasty malfunction with the spent case and a new round trying to occupy the same space. I have been using Golden Tiger and Tula without issue. I have seen a small bit of peening on the edge of the carrier channel where the bolt rides, but I'm considering it break-in wear, and I grease the channel now. I put a snap cap in for function testing after cleaning, as there are heavy dry fire firing pin breakages reported and a warning in the manual. The reversible charging handle is nice, but it can slam your thumb if you are gripping the mag while firing, and not careful. The rail height is about .4" higher than an AR, and charging handle clearance is a consideration with optics and mount selection. If you mount an optic in AR height rings, which will be about 3" above bore, a Zhukov cheek riser is probably necessary. I used MBUS sights at first, and felt they were slightly high without a riser, but there are options: CZ scorpion sights or Troy Micro sights. A Trijicon TA-50, 3x24 mini ACOG for 7.62x39 would be a nice fit, and would not interfere with the charging handle if it were on either side. Aside from the minor issues, overall, it's been very nice to shoot.
Thanks for a lot of great info. That will help me a lot. I don't like the idea of shooting super cheap ammo myself. Brass cases usually. But in a SHTF situation it's nice to know a gun will eat what you throw at it. AKs are sorta known for being a reliable robust gun that just keep working. Sounds like something is holding this one back. Maybe in lieu of accuracy? But if it eats Tula I feel a bit better

I do not think the chamber is tight or there are any other issues besides some of the the Wolf ammo I used being crap ammo from an older spam can. The last few hundred rounds of Golden Tiger, Tula, and PPU have all fired without hiccup.

The M10X is nitrided, but that shouldn't be an issue. Most of the ammo available should be non-corrossive. 7.62x39 tends to have a longer barrel life anyways.

If chrome is a must and you are set on 7.62x39 then I'd recommend an AR in that round with CL barrel or an imported AK (Yugos/Serbians being the exception).

Otherwise, the M10X doesn't look like a bad rifle. I'd try it if it was something that if I was in the market for a rifle in 7.62x39 that isn't an AK. Of course there are those with the rifle who can comment on it better.
Well no sooner had I essentially made up my mind on the M10X being the one, I go and find an Arsenal SLR107 for a screaming price locally. The only thing that holds me back is that I would be able to attach a suppressor (qd muzzle device) to the M10X rather easily. I have a suppressor in jail I'd like to do that with. You were able to show me where I could add rail section to it add an optic. Now I'm torn!

Well no sooner had I essentially made up my mind on the M10X being the one, I go and find an Arsenal SLR107 for a screaming price locally. The only thing that holds me back is that I would be able to attach a suppressor (qd muzzle device) to the M10X rather easily. I have a suppressor in jail I'd like to do that with. You were able to show me where I could add rail section to it add an optic. Now I'm torn!
Wolverine PBS-1 – DeadAirSilencers

So... Yeah... Not a fan of suppressors on AKs but they can be had.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top