JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HK 94 was the 16" barrel rifle length version imported before the Bush Era import ban. The SP5 is imported as a pistol with a 8.9" barrel with the intent that the end user will likely put on a brace or SBR it. Basically the same firearm except the SP5 has the three lug barrel and paddle mag release.

View attachment 693297

View attachment 693299

-E-

The SP5 along with the three-lug barrel is also threaded 1/2-28 RH for us US types to rock a thread on suppressor if we are not cool enough to own a tri-lug can yet. I think they call that the "C" barrel if I remember correctly.

@trevi also the 94 has the SEF lower that usually only has the safety/selector on one side of the lower. The SP5 and SP5K have the newer "Navy" lower with the abi safety/selector and of course, the cooler bullet markings vrs just letters for FES.

FES:
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.29.55 AM.png

Navy:
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.30.22 AM.png

Why does brownells list Sp5 at $1320? Must be a typo I guess. Not in stock so doesn't matter anyway really. I just found it odd.

$3000 seems to be the going price for mailorder:

and still in stock locally...at the same price or better.

Why does brownells list Sp5 at $1320? Must be a typo I guess. Not in stock so doesn't matter anyway really. I just found it odd.

SEO (search engine optimization) tactic for out of stock products to put a BELOW MAP selling price on something that you are not taking backorders for. Basically its a trick to get people to click on their website as Google will present the lower price once it finds it. This is also why places like Grabagun.com list the same gun twice, one. "not in stock" at a few $100 off the one that is "in stock" and linked to the one, not in stock. All marketing.

Sportsman's broke contact pricing with LWRC and their price will be $2999 today. Same as ours locally, in stock...not mail their mail order warehouse.

Received my LWRC SMG45 today from Sporting Systems. YIKES will not do a transfer with their perfered vendor again, Sportsman's Marine and Outdoor. I call them Monday and the Oregon company said $35 for the transfer. I spacifcly ask if that included the $10 state fee and they said yes. I believed this since $35 is on the high end all in for a transfer, they make a full $25 on it then. But when I got there it was $35+ another $10 for the OR background check, for a total of $45! YIKES thats the most I have ever paid. I drove 3hrs round trip to pay the most ever for the transfer, when Sporting Systems would have shipped it for $30. Honestly for a $3k firearm I would have expected shipping to be a no charge offer, but no. However they did not charge anything to drive it across the border to Sportsman's Marine and Outdoors.

In the end I have the gun. I fell nickel and dimed on this transaction but lesson learned. However the B&T APC 45 I also wanted.......

APC45 pro with brace, $2959.

$2255 delivered including background check from my local FFL. I picked that up last night. This was bought through one of the national majior distributors so Sporting Systems in WA could have also offered this at the same price most likely. I know my local FFL made some $$ on the deal, just $700+ less than what Sporting Systems wanted to make. Again lesson learned.

Thread on the LWRC SMG 45 LWRC SMG45 finally in my hands.

496EAB52-8AB2-433B-9CED-4194795AD0F3.jpeg

Received my LWRC SMG45 today from Sporting Systems. YIKES will not do a transfer with their perfered vendor again, Sportsman's Marine and Outdoor. I call them Monday and the Oregon company said $35 for the transfer. I spacifcly ask if that included the $10 state fee and they said yes. I believed this since $35 is on the high end all in for a transfer, they make a full $25 on it then. But when I got there it was $35+ another $10 for the OR background check, for a total of $45! YIKES thats the most I have ever paid. I drove 3hrs round trip to pay the most ever for the transfer, when Sporting Systems would have shipped it for $30. Honestly for a $3k firearm I would have expected shipping to be a no charge offer, but no. However they did not charge anything to drive it across the border to Sportsman's Marine and Outdoors.

In the end I have the gun. I fell nickel and dimed on this transaction but lesson learned. However the B&T APC 45 I also wanted.......

$2255 delivered including background check from my local FFL. I picked that up last night. This was bought through one of the national majior distributors so Sporting Systems in WA could have also offered this at the same price most likely. I know my local FFL made some $$ on the deal, just $700+ less than what Sporting Systems wanted to make. Again lesson learned.

Thread on the LWRC SMG 45 LWRC SMG45 finally in my hands.

View attachment 694294
Selling below cost and off contracted pricing...they won't sell them for long. We have contracted pricing agreements. Sportsmans has already gotten in trouble on selling off contract, we value our relationships with our vendors and honor the agreements we sign. We made a normal margin on this product.

Sorry that Fishermans transfer fee wasn't clearly communicated to you by their staff. I'd be happy to offer you a credit for the transfer fee on your next visit.

Selling below cost and off contracted pricing...they won't sell them for long. We have contracted pricing agreements. Sportsmans has already gotten in trouble on selling off contract, we value our relationships with our vendors and honor the agreements we sign. We made a normal margin on this product.

Sorry that Fishermans transfer fee wasn't clearly communicated to you by their staff. I'd be happy to offer you a credit for the transfer fee on your next visit.

Selling off-contract and Advertising off-contract OR MAP are two very different things. MAP pricing "Minimum Advertised Price" I deal with that every day with my business and of course never violate MAP. However, once we are talking with a customer directly we can sell at any price we want, otherwise, its price-fixing that is not part of a free market. My local FFL does not advertise the lower price, he just cuts the deal directly. I get it 100% business is to make $$. Still, a free market so some businesses are going to sell for more than others. In case full pop on the LWRC to Sporting Systems. But for the B&T, deal from a small local FFL.

@Sporting Systems thank you for the credit offer on the transfer fee, very nice of you to offer that. However, this is on Fishermans. Done over I would have had it shipped to a local FFL spent about the same with the shipping, but saved me 3hrs of driving. I appreciate you having this in stock and also get the cost that represents to do that. I look forward to getting it on the range.

I cancelled my order with sportsmans warehouse today for the lwrc smg45. Not because of the whole MAP thing. It was suppose to arrive for pickup today but still hasn't left the warehouse today and they dont even show any in stock in their system. I'll find one eventually at the price I want to pay for it. In the mean time I have other guns I want first.

I cancelled my order with sportsmans warehouse today for the lwrc smg45. Not because of the whole MAP thing. It was suppose to arrive for pickup today but still hasn't left the warehouse today and they dont even show any in stock in their system. I'll find one eventually at the price I want to pay for it. In the mean time I have other guns I want first.

They claim my order is still live too. But no one with any authority has returned my call to confirm with a delivery date. As much as it would be fun to have two that is not economically sound for me. I too have others I want to still get.

Is that the Safety Harbor KES? Looks awesome! Might need to get one for my PTR...
YASS!
By far, THE BEST brace. Now!.... there is a new tailhook out. It's the Mod 1C and I ordered it. Once installed, it looks more like the MP5 stock pad. The current tailhook is a bit too long IMO. I ordered my Mod 1C from MidwayUSA (backnordered) for like $112.
20200511_191256.jpg
20200511_191244.jpg
20200511_191310.jpg

YASS!
By far, THE BEST brace. Now!.... there is a new tailhook out. It's the Mod 1C and I ordered it. Once installed, it looks more like the MP5 stock pad. The current tailhook is a bit too long IMO. I ordered my Mod 1C from MidwayUSA (backnordered) for like $112.
View attachment 695452
View attachment 695454
View attachment 695453

Lol thanks. I've already ordered one! That new tailhook looks awesome, but I actually like the larger version as I'm 6'3", 200lbs. That smaller one would be awesome for my braced CP33 though :cool:.

I bit the bullet with Sportsman's a few weeks ago, because I am a fanboy. Many stores were still asking 500-800 over MSRP then, so Sportsman's deal was good enough. Give it a little time and you will see them at 2300. For those who can't wait, Gun.deals says NW Armory has SP5 in stock at 3100. (Though their online inventory doesn't always match their actual in-store availability.)

A little teaser:
DSC03701.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews