JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just called HK. The customer service rep told me that they are making enough SP5's to meet demand, and that we should see authorized HK dealers have additional inventory over the next month or so.

Just a heads up I emailed at least 100 shops looking for an sp5 at regular msrp. not many out there but I got a call from sports world 9187424027 about an hour ago saying they had one. I already found mine.

Can u say price gouging?
832035AC-53D9-41BC-A148-30C8B2C70685.jpeg

This is exactly why I have stopped looking for now. MSRP is $2799. I understand supply/demand, but I don't want one that badly.
Brownells advertises them at $2599. Not in stock though of course. So that's what they will be when this first craze is over I would think. Lots of times I've bought brownells stuff when it comes back in stock and then it's sold out again in a couple hours so it is possible to get one for 2599 there in theory.

Brownells advertises them at $2599. Not in stock though of course. So that's what they will be when this first craze is over I would think. Lots of times I've bought brownells stuff when it comes back in stock and then it's sold out again in a couple hours so it is possible to get one for 2599 there in theory.

Like you probably have, I've gone to all the online sellers advertising a $2599 price and filled out a "notify me" request when back in stock. As soon as one is available at that price, I'm ready to go...

Like you probably have, I've gone to all the online sellers advertising a $2599 price and filled out a "notify me" request when back in stock. As soon as one is available at that price, I'm ready to go...
FYI my experience with brownells is that it shows up on website as "in stock" before they send out any notifications. By time notification is sent it's already sold out. At least with certain high demand sale ammo anyway. YMMV

Ask your self if the HK logo really is worth a $800-1000 premium?

I had a local dealer willing to hold one for me, but I decided at the last minute not to after looking at other options.

The SP5 is gimped from the factory. HK welded in a stupid rail preventing you from using a autobolt.

After much research, I picked up a PTR 9CT. Quality built, great welds, comes with a auto bolt so you can actually use your auto sear if you are lucky to have one, and may not matter to you, but to me I appreciate the ptr is American made with a lifetime warranty.

A search engine tactic for increased SEO (Search Engine Optimization, basically make their website show up before others in a Google search) is to advertise a lower than normal price, but then show it out of stock. The notify me part also builds their email marketing. No guarantee they are going to offer that product at that price they brought you in at when it comes available. In the case of the SP5, heck no. Only inside buddy deals going for less than MSRP. True street price for an SP5 right now min $3k. Yes, more inventory will come in but the demand seems to outpace the inventory.

Anyone have any luck sourcing from an Oregon dealer at the $2,599 price that the non price gougers were charging? Would like to get one on order and support a local Willamette Valley shop.

Zippo in Oregon last I looked for sale under $3k. It will be yrs I think before any SP5s are selling at LGS below MSRP of $2799, the demand is too great. Now if the online wholesalers get any in you prob could get an independent FFL (the little home-based guys) to get one for you at that lower price.

BTW price gouging is withholding then selling a needed commodity well over the normal market rate as a result of an emergency. NW Armory advertising their one and only SP5 for $4k have nothing to do with price gouging. Just supply and demand. I paid $3k for mine online from out of state last Dec. within 24hrs of learning HK released them. No one in the State had one so I went online and bought the one I have now. I do want to add a 2nd one but not a buyer at $4k. I have no doubt they will eventually sell that for $4k if they keep waiting. I am not in a rush for #2 so will take my time, but if I saw a local one for MSRP I would buy it.

Have found two online retailers in the past week to source one for $2,799 with free shipping. Both of which had inventory last longer than 24hrs. I will spend the premium for an actual HK SP5. I also want a K configuration and will likely go with a clone on that purchase. I may just spend MSRP and order online. I am fine with the MSRP price to have it now instead of who knows when to save an additional $200.

There is another online retailer with them in stock for $2,999 right now. This is a niche firearm and I don't see another spike in retail price like when initially introduced unless induced by political rhetoric or HK making an announcement of not importing anymore. Neither of which has occurred as of yet.

Ask your self if the HK logo really is worth a $800-1000 premium?

I had a local dealer willing to hold one for me, but I decided at the last minute not to after looking at other options.

The SP5 is gimped from the factory. HK welded in a stupid rail preventing you from using a autobolt.

After much research, I picked up a PTR 9CT. Quality built, great welds, comes with a auto bolt so you can actually use your auto sear if you are lucky to have one, and may not matter to you, but to me I appreciate the ptr is American made with a lifetime warranty.
Is that PTR a really short barrel one or the longer barrel? I held one of the short barrel ones in the Oregon arms and ammunition gun shop in Hillsboro and was impressed with the build quality. Very cool little gun.

I think it was $1599 but can't remember. Another less expensive alternative is the Stribog roller locked version which comes out this summer. I have the blowback version and build quality and reliability is super high. The roller locked version should be a treat, especially at $999. But sometimes u just got to have an HK and imo It's really hard to argue it's not worth the $. But I agree less expensive alternatives exist. Heck I wish I had one of each!

Here's a slow mo video of Stribog roller locked version firing in full auto. Looks pretty smooth.

We can always buy a clone. We cant always buy the real thing.

HKSP9 and SP89's, for example, are still selling for $4-5k, used. So buying the real SP5 new, now for $3k is easy. Here is an SP89 for $4500 from 10yrs ago on this board:

I know in the coming years the SP5 value is going to go one direction. Sure a clone could go up too but not seeing any in the SP89 range these days. I will take my SP5 and SP5K, I smile every time I shoot either or just open the safe up. No plans on selling them, plan to let my boys argue over who gets what when I am in the ground.

Buy a zenith. It's more hk than the hk. THe MKE guns are fanatic and much nicer than the Pakistani clones. True push pin guns unliked the neutered HK abortion ALA MR566,

they also don't have the bullbubblegum billboard warnings stamped into the receiver saying read owners manual,etc.

If you have to have the HK, keep looking. If you wanna pay less and get a clone of a MP5, POF is a good option. I have one and I've put a little over 1k 9mm through it. It shoots good and no issues with steel case. My friend bought a SP5 and likes it. I looked at it and played with it, really nice.... but not worth paying double what I paid for my MP5. Yes, mine is an actual MP5, not German made but it's solid and I trust it. 20200402_001651.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top